Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Newest Recode takes forever to initialise..why?

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Newest Recode takes forever to initialise..why?

Postby NoSmartz on Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:52 am

I first installed nero 7 and the first app I tried was Recode...it works but it takes forever to start encoding..the old 6.6 started immediately..this new version takes between 40 and 45 seconds to get going?Has anyone had this problem?I saw bobmitchells post on Incd and decided to wax nero and reinstall w/ Incd(newest)..I immediately back't up my HD w/ it(true image) so it works fine but..if i try to open Recode..nothing happens..I have to disable InCd in startup then restart and Recode works again.Could InCd be the problem?
Attachments
untitled.gif
untitled.gif (17.98 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:17 pm

I'm not seeing this on any of my test systems in the lab. With our without InCD 5 installed.

Anyone else seeing this with or without InCD 5 installed?

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby tazdevl on Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:10 pm

Without and yes... seeing it. HPDV1000 laptop, XP Pro SP2, HLTST GWA 4082N.

Also Craig... additional bugs...

-Installation Error - Installed Nero and got the following error... dll cannot be loaded: The specificed module could not be found. Dll in question"neresize.ax"

-Licensed version of Nero 7 showing up as "Nero 7 Demo" in Win XP Add/Remove items. Might want to acknowlege customers that acutally buy the software.

-Update function is acting screwy. Get an operation cannot be completed error when trying to update via Extra Menu in SmartStart.

-Getting occasional error when transcoding a DVD. Didn't look at log but I know others have reported the issue.

-NeroScout should have an option to be installed/not installed in the custom install. Very invasive, don't like the fact that Nero dumps it on me.

-NeroHome folder in Nero folder in Program Files even though I did not select it for installation.
RIG:
P4 2.6C, Thermalright SP94/Panaflo 92MM M1A, IC7 Max3, Swifty MCX159, 1GB Geil PC4000 Ultra Plat, Radeon 8500, Audigy 2, 2X WD Raptor RAID 0, WD 250GB SE, Plex 708A, 166SDVD, LianLi PC75, XP Pro.
tazdevl
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:41 pm

Hi Tazdvl,

-Installation Error - Installed Nero and got the following error... dll cannot be loaded: The specificed module could not be found. Dll in question"neresize.ax"

Question: is this with the Nero 7 WebDemo installing over previous version of Nero 7, or by itself? I've done it both ways and have not seen this. Did you have Nero 6 installed, then installed Nero 7 Retail, and then updated to Nero 7 that was released on Nov 2nd? I need the sequence so I can try and duplicate.

-Licensed version of Nero 7 showing up as "Nero 7 Demo" in Win XP Add/Remove items. Might want to acknowlege customers that acutally buy the software.

Response: Yes. This we are aware of. We decided not to hold back the release of Nero 7 on Nov 2nd for this 'cosmetic' issue, as it does not affect performance. It will be resolved in the next update we post on the website.

-Update function is acting screwy. Get an operation cannot be completed error when trying to update via Extra Menu in SmartStart.

Response: The Nero Product Setup feature is not yet implemented. Well, to be exact, the update files are not yet posted. Which is why we had the Full updates that had to be downloaded. This is being worked on so that future updates can be done more easily without such large downloads.

-Getting occasional error when transcoding a DVD. Didn't look at log but I know others have reported the issue.

Question: Is this with recode or Nero Vision 4? Can you send me a log file at techsupport4@nero.com?

-NeroScout should have an option to be installed/not installed in the custom install. Very invasive, don't like the fact that Nero dumps it on me.

Answer: It does. When you go to install, there is an option you can check at the bottom of the window so that Nero Scout does not install. It's not in the CUSTOM option, it's after that point.

-NeroHome folder in Nero folder in Program Files even though I did not select it for installation.

Response: I'll have to check on this one.

Thanks for the feedback, it's greatly appreciated. Our Engineers are working overtime to get Nero 7 as solid as Nero 6 had become. We'll get there, and soon I hope. :-)

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:50 pm

I just did 5 tests on 2 AMD system, 1 Fujitsu Laptop, and 2 Intel systems. Using a Non-Protected DVD-Video Source. :-)

Tried both 'Recode an Entire DVD to DVD' and 'Recode DVDs and Videos to Nero Digital. And in all cases, it starts immediately.

Using 'Recode an Entire DVD to DVD', I use Advanced Analysis and High Quality mode and when I click on BURN, before I can even count to 1, the Video begins to play in the 'Enable Video Preview' window, and the Time Remaining begins to count, and the Progress begins at 0.1%

I've tried by installing over Nero 6. I've tried installing Nero 7.0.1.2 on a clean system. And I've installed Nero 7.0.0 and then installed Nero 7.0.1.2 update over it and still it works immediately.

On one 'dirty' system I have WORD, OFFICE, DR.WEB antivirus, Norton Ghost, Adware, PowerDVD 6, Adobe Acrobat, FileZila, WinRAR, MSN, OutLook, Download accelerator, GoRemote, Windows Media Player, WIndows Movie Maker, all Running on XP SP2 with the latest patches/updates.

I've even tried with OutLook, Work, Excel, Internet Explorer, and PowerDVD 6 running in the background.

There has to be some component that is on your systems that I am missing on mine that prevents me from duplicating this issue.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby tazdevl on Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:29 pm

Hola,

Responses inline in bold

CCampbell wrote:Hi Tazdevl,

Question: is this with the Nero 7 WebDemo installing over previous version of Nero 7, or by itself? I've done it both ways and have not seen this. Did you have Nero 6 installed, then installed Nero 7 Retail, and then updated to Nero 7 that was released on Nov 2nd? I need the sequence so I can try and duplicate.

Uninstalled Nero 6, rebooted, ran Nero 6 clean tool, rebooted installed Nero 7.0.1.2. Maybe the clean tool wiped out a dll it shouldn't have?

Response: Yes. This we are aware of. We decided not to hold back the release of Nero 7 on Nov 2nd for this 'cosmetic' issue, as it does not affect performance. It will be resolved in the next update we post on the website.

Noted, as a marketer, it's one of those little things you want to get right. People that spend money and buy the product should have their efforts acknowledged

Response: The Nero Product Setup feature is not yet implemented. Well, to be exact, the update files are not yet posted. Which is why we had the Full updates that had to be downloaded. This is being worked on so that future updates can be done more easily without such large downloads.

OK

Question: Is this with recode or Nero Vision 4? Can you send me a log file at techsupport4@nero.com?

Recode, will have to rerun next week and send the log in.

Also when backing up a DVD before going on a biz trip, going onto a DVD9 in Recode, I noticed that Advanced Analysis and HQ were not disabled... given the fact that no compression is needed, shoudn't those options have been grayed out/disabled?

Answer: It does. When you go to install, there is an option you can check at the bottom of the window so that Nero Scout does not install. It's not in the CUSTOM option, it's after that point.

Based on my experience it doesn't. Even when disabled it shows up in my C: Drive after installation.

Response: I'll have to check on this one.

Thanks for the feedback, it's greatly appreciated. Our Engineers are working overtime to get Nero 7 as solid as Nero 6 had become. We'll get there, and soon I hope. :-)

Regards,

Craig

I installed Nero, BackItUp, Image Drive, Showtime, Recode, Photosnap.

Software I have... NOD32 2.5, SpySweeper 4.5, BOClean 4.12, ZoneAlarm Pro 6 (latest), Office 2K3, Divx, DVDFabDecrypter, AdAware, iTunes, Foobar, PowerDVD5, Acronis True Image 8.0.937.
RIG:
P4 2.6C, Thermalright SP94/Panaflo 92MM M1A, IC7 Max3, Swifty MCX159, 1GB Geil PC4000 Ultra Plat, Radeon 8500, Audigy 2, 2X WD Raptor RAID 0, WD 250GB SE, Plex 708A, 166SDVD, LianLi PC75, XP Pro.
tazdevl
CD-RW Player

Re: Newest Recode takes forever to initialise..why?

Postby carl on Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:45 pm

NoSmartz wrote:I first installed nero 7 and the first app I tried was Recode...it works but it takes forever to start encoding..the old 6.6 started immediately..this new version takes between 40 and 45 seconds to get going?Has anyone had this problem?I saw bobmitchells post on Incd and decided to wax nero and reinstall w/ Incd(newest)..I immediately back't up my HD w/ it(true image) so it works fine but..if i try to open Recode..nothing happens..I have to disable InCd in startup then restart and Recode works again.Could InCd be the problem?

I'm seeing the same thing with 40 - 45 seconds to get started. InCD is not installed. If I stop it and hit the back button and then hit the burn button again it starts encoding instantly. Ive been trying to see if some process is interfering but no luck yet.
carl
Buffer Underrun

Postby tazdevl on Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:17 am

Craig, two others bug I've found

- Recode that is bundled with 7.0.1.2 doesn't burn full speed. TY 8X DVD+R burning at 4X... latest version of Recode released with 6.6... same discs, burning at 8X.

Drive is a GWA-4082N.

-Buffer Level when burning with Nero 7.0.1.2 @ 8X TY) is all over the place...45%, 86%, 98%. Nero 6.6 stayed at 98% and was rock steady throughout the entire burn.
RIG:
tazdevl
CD-RW Player

Postby NoSmartz on Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:56 am

I'm seeing the same problem....I looked around online and have seen a few places where some others are having the same issue w/ the Recode delay....I decided to totally reformat and fresh install of Xp(no old 6 serials at all) and it's doing the same thing.The "demo" in control panel doesn't bother me cause the only 2 things I use nero for are Recode and burning rom(vob files and music cd's).Everything else I don't use.I hope this bug gets worked out.I've used Recode 2 for goin on 2 years and never had a problem.I try to go back to version 6.xxx and it always lox up on me now(even after I run Nero Clean tool and manually remove registry entries)...I now have to use Dvd2One and Prassi ONES to burn my movie and music files.I loved Recode 2,it was great when it worked.Waaay fast..:)
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)