Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Brits Demand "Jedi" Be Recognized As A Religion

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Brits Demand "Jedi" Be Recognized As A Religion

Postby Ian on Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:46 pm

lol..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1770

With their vast intergalactic knowledge and ability to harness the Force, the task of convincing UN officials to recognise their cause should be a walkover for a pair of Jedi Knights.

But self-proclaimed Jedis Umada and Yunyun, better known as John Wilkinson and Charlotte Law, have adopted a more conventional approach in their pursuit of recognition – delivering a protest letter.

The unconventional pair are calling for the UN to acknowlegde what has become Britain's fourth largest ‘religion’ with 390,000 followers.

If the census people ever came to our house, I'd probably tell them the same thing. As it is, I don't think the government needs to know what religion someone is.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby TheWizard on Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:00 am

Is this along the same lines that Klingon be recognized as an official language?
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby algrinch on Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:55 am

I tried the Jedi Mind Trick on my girlfriend, I won't get into what I said, but the mind trick didn't work. She looked at me like I was from mars and asked why I was waving my fingers and had a stupid intense look on my face.

My girlfriend must have a very strong mind. Either that or my Jedi training is somewhat lacking...
"All Bibles are man made" - Thomas Edison
algrinch
CD-RW Player

Postby Bhairav on Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:03 am

algrinch wrote:I tried the Jedi Mind Trick on my girlfriend, I won't get into what I said, but the mind trick didn't work. She looked at me like I was from mars and asked why I was waving my fingers and had a stupid intense look on my face.

My girlfriend must have a very strong mind. Either that or my Jedi training is somewhat lacking...

"Much training need you, young Padawan..."

:wink:
Q6600@3.1Ghz | Asus P5Q-E | 4GB DDR2-800 | 8800GT | 4TB HDD | Viewsonic vx2025wm
Xonar DX | Pioneer DVR-212 | Pioneer 111L | Benq 1655
Bhairav
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden