Home News Reviews Forums Shop

CD/DVD Autoloader for mass copying

Burn baby burn!

CD/DVD Autoloader for mass copying

Postby Supacon on Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:05 am

I'm curious to know if there exists some kind of a machine or drive that can hold many cds (like, say, a spindle of 100) for the purpose of copying audio CDs onto a computer. I happen to have thousands that I would like to copy, but don't feel like sitting by my computer all day and all night to do it.

If anyone knows of such a thing (and of course, software that supports it), I'd love to know...
Supacon
Buffer Underrun

Postby Darksyd2002 on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:38 am

Primera makes a duplicator that we use, it is the Bravo II. It can hold 25 discs, but if you purchase the kiosk kit it can hold 50. The units use the Plextor 716 DVD drive, not sure about the CD model. We have used these for a couple of years and under heavy use we have had several drives go bad and needed replacement. Overall they work pretty well. You can find more info at their site

http://www.primera.com/bravoII_disc_publisher.html

Hope it helps!
Darksyd2002
Buffer Underrun

Postby Supacon on Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:46 pm

Thanks for the reply!

It didn't entirely answer my question though... have you been able to make this work for doing automated DAE? Digital Audio extraction, using software like EAC?

I presume that the software would have to be customized heavily to handle something like this though... Perhaps you could make some kind of a mouse/keyboard macro to automate it or the like.
Supacon
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:29 pm

Disc Makers has a duplicator that can rip audio CD's:

http://www.discmakers.com/duplicators/p ... e13106.asp

It's not cheap and I'm not sure how the Riptastic software compares to EAC.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Darksyd2002 on Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:22 am

I have no idea how it would work for you in that respect, we have only used it to burn DVDs. It comes bundled with Prassi Primo DVD and the SureThing label program.
Darksyd2002
Buffer Underrun

I think I can answer your question!

Postby shiftiesb on Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:46 pm

Hello.

I work for a company that supplies mass CD/DVD production solutions. We uses mainly Riamge's robots/autoloaders. We develop mostly all the applications in house. www.ymi.com Young Minds Inc was the first company to have UNIX cd premastering software(MakeDisc). One of the founders of YMi helped develop the RockRidge spef. check out www.data-a.com to see the kind of solutions we develop.
shiftiesb
Buffer Underrun

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives