Home News Reviews Forums Shop

id Software Announces Doom 4

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

id Software Announces Doom 4

Postby Ian on Wed May 07, 2008 10:23 pm

Hell yeah... Too bad it will probably be a number of years before its released.

Production has begun on DOOM 4™, the next journey into the legendary DOOM universe. We are expanding our internal team and are currently hiring to work on this highly anticipated title.

"DOOM is part of the id Software DNA and demands the greatest talent and brightest minds in the industry to bring the next installment of our flagship franchise to Earth," said Todd Hollenshead, CEO, id Software. "It's critical for id Software to have the best creative minds in-house to develop games that meet the standards synonymous with our titles."

The DOOM franchise is one of the most recognizable and important in gaming history, having been named "one of the ten most influential games of the decade" by PC Gamer and "the #1 game of all time" by GameSpy. DOOM 4 will join the award-winning series which has consistently topped sales charts throughout the world.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Wesociety on Thu May 08, 2008 10:56 am

Coincidentally, some friends and I were just talking about Doom this past weekend. I am VERY happy to see that a new Doom will be making its' way to the PS3. Hell Yes!
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby deinabog on Mon May 12, 2008 9:19 pm

This is good news. I'll definitely buy it when it drops.
A man must have a code -Bunk
deinabog
Buffer Underrun

Return to The Beer Garden