Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Yet another TV again...

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Yet another TV again...

Postby Dartman on Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:25 pm

Well Mom left us last year late so we eventually sold her house and I upgraded to a Sony 75 Z9K. Sony's idea of what a mini led set should be and holy crap this thing is super bright with excellent black levels as well. It was very spendy but it's their best top end LED/mini LED set. I've never seen HDR look so clean, bright, and sharp as this set can do, of course it's also 8k as well so that might have something to do with it.
My buddy also built me a Ryzen 3900x 12 core rig with a 1tb NVME drive and 32 gig of ram for helping him scrap trade in pc's so been happily running that for close to 2 years now, very fast. I also blew up my Neon so sister sold me her old 06 Charger hemi RT with like 90k on it for 3k as a family deal so had that a couple of years now. Very quick and thirsty for such a fat pig and a blast to drive. Luckily I only have a 10 minute drive to work now from house and we inherited moms old 08 pt cruiser with 60k for a cheap to drive rig.
Attachments
Z9K 2.jpg
Z9K 2.jpg (78.42 KiB) Viewed 66290 times
Z9K 4.jpg
Z9K 4.jpg (131.71 KiB) Viewed 66290 times
Charger 1.jpg
Charger 1.jpg (99.31 KiB) Viewed 66290 times
Charger 2.jpg
Charger 2.jpg (109.86 KiB) Viewed 66290 times
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Re: Yet another TV again...

Postby Ian on Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:01 pm

Sorry to hear about your mom Dartman. Losing a parent is never easy.

That TV looks great. I'm still scraping by with my 4K TCL TV. I can't even imagine how 8K would look.

You got a good deal on the Charger. I can't imagine how much you're spending on gas now though.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Re: Yet another TV again...

Postby Dartman on Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:44 pm

Thanks, we weren't expecting her to get dementia and go down hill fast but we were with her and she still recognized every body for the most part and said she loved us. And she knew we all loved her and was pretty happy most of the time.
The TV better look great for what it cost, it looks even better in person.
I still have the 65 825 TCL in my bedroom now and it still looks awesome too but not at the level the Sony does.
Yes, the Charger drinks gas but it's so fun and quick to drive. It's averaging about 12.3 on town, lucky I only have that 10 minute drive to work now. I want to put a gen3 hemi in the Dart now. It would be super quick in a car that weighs a thousand pounds less.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden