Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Merry late Christmas

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Merry late Christmas

Postby Dartman on Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:33 pm

Merry Christmas Ian and everyone and whats happening out there? It's been pretty dead on the site lately but news still gets updated so I figure everyone is busy with life and winter right now. I found out they somewhat recently sold CD Freaks so might see some folks trickle in from there.
Hope everyone had a good holiday and are happy and healthy :D
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Re: Merry late Christmas

Postby Ian on Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:21 pm

Yeah, I've been busy. I keep taking on more responsibilities at work and even though my kids are now teens (and taller than me) things aren't any less busy at home. Most of my free time is now spent on RC car racing. I became a sponsored driver earlier this year so there's a bunch of stuff that comes along with that. I still keep one foot in the storage game though. :wink:

I'm not sure what's up with CD Freaks. I've heard that they traded hands a few times and didn't tell the people that run the website or the forum. It's still a good resource but most people would rather ask a question on social media than on a forum. Forums are quickly going the way of newsgroups and BBS.

Happy holidays everyone!
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Dartman on Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:51 pm

The forum is dead, they shut it down and all it has is canned articles and news and things now. I deleted my bookmark for it, no point to go back, too bad, a lot of history and good info from all of us. RC cars are fun, I have several and there are a lot of good youtube channels about them. I have a couple of real special cars I garage saled back in the day and turns out they are early pro level buggys and one is 4wd. If you search for is cd freaks dead there's a forum where some of the original members and mods are that talk about what happened.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:46 pm

Here are some of the little cars that I race

atomic cars.jpg
atomic cars.jpg (108.41 KiB) Viewed 76704 times
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Dartman on Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:51 pm

Those are tiny little cars but anything super small fascinates me. I remember when I saw a Sony trinitron that had like a 5 inch screen probably in the late 70s and I thought it was so cool, I really wanted one and of course never got one. My step dad gave me a Sony micro TV from the 60s that was solid state and still worked but I don't remember if he took it back when I couldn't fix the issues it had but the picture still was good, just didn't fill the whole screen. The new Sony monster still looks great and it's had a few updates to add features too but it's far from tiny.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby burner1000000 on Tue May 02, 2023 10:49 am

AHA! Return from the dead! I probably have not posted on here in 20 years! (Not that long but maybe close)!

How are you Ian? Any of the old crew still on here?
burner1000000
Buffer Underrun

Return to The Beer Garden