Home News Reviews Forums Shop

InCD BSOD's in Win2K

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

InCD BSOD's in Win2K

Postby Daiwa on Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:14 am

I've had problems with InCD causing BSOD's in versions 3.27.1, 3.32 and 3.37. The strange thing is, the only time it happens is when I'm trying to format a blank Memorex High Speed Disc. I can format and use Great Quality brand High Speed Discs without any problem.

Stranger still is that the first disc I formatted with 3.27.1 after installing my new Norcent drive was a Memorex disc & the format seemed to go without a hitch. I got one of the *Cannot create file...* error messages during one of my first drag-drop copy operations and immediately the CD was locked as read-only and when I tried to reformat it I got a BSOD with a UDF_<something> error message briefly on the screen. I literally tossed that CD out, uninstalled InCD, reinstalled and updated to 3.37 and had no problem formatting & using a Great Quality brand disc. I then attempted to format a Memorex disc again and got the same BSOD on two attempts. I uninstalled InCD again and installed version 3.32. It mounted my previously formatted Great Quality disc without any problem. When I tried to format a Memorex disc I again got a BSOD, only this time it was a BAD_POOL_CALLER error (whatever that is). After the reboot, I was able to mount & use the Great Quality disc again without any problems and to format another Great Quality disc without a BSOD. Every attempt to use a Memorex disc since that first one has triggered a BSOD.

I can't figure out why the media would trigger these BSOD's - both are High Speed discs, the Great Quality are rated 4-10x and the Memorex 4-12X. Anyone have any ideas? I wonder if any of the other posts here about InCD BSOD's could have been media-related as well - though that just doesn't seem logical to me, the pattern here is pretty well established.

I've also been experiencing some other odd system problems since that first BSOD - in particular my Canon scanning program hangs on me when it has never done so since installed 8-9 months ago.

Thanks for any advice.

Daiwa :(
Daiwa
CD-RW Thug

Postby tazdevl on Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:45 pm

InCD is a POS app. I gave up on it and Ahead is totally arrogant and refuses to believe that there might be a problem with their software.
RIG:
P4 2.6C, Thermalright SP94/Panaflo 92MM M1A, IC7 Max3, Swifty MCX159, 1GB Geil PC4000 Ultra Plat, Radeon 8500, Audigy 2, 2X WD Raptor RAID 0, WD 250GB SE, Plex 708A, 166SDVD, LianLi PC75, XP Pro.
tazdevl
CD-RW Player

Postby Daiwa on Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:44 pm

Do you have an alternative to recommend? Is Roxio DirectCD any less likely to cause problems? Thanks. :-?
Daiwa
CD-RW Thug

Postby Daiwa on Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:13 am

I am such an idiot. See the last post in my thread *Is there a good packet-writing program out there?* Sorry to have wasted your time (not to mention mine) when my problem appears to have been nothing but avoidable operator error. :oops: :evil:
Daiwa
CD-RW Thug

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)