Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Clone CD Virtual Clone Drive

SlySoft, Alcohol, VSO Software, NTI, etc.

Clone CD Virtual Clone Drive

Postby Ahumado on Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:10 pm

I am not too smart. How do I use the virtual clone drive? I see where I now have an extra drive in explorer and mmy computer but I can't put anything there and I didn't understand the help section of clone cd.

Ahumado
Ahumado
Buffer Underrun

Postby Han on Fri Nov 08, 2002 5:28 am

Open My Computer, right click on "Sheep" Virtual Drive and mount a CloneCD image...
Han
CD-RW PiMP

Postby hjs on Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:31 am

Why doesnt he remember wich image was mounted :(

I used daemon-tools for years, but with the recent versions i had problems shutting down the PC, so now i removed it and tried Clonecd tray, works great, but it doesnt remember\remount tha image after a reboot.

Any suggestions?
hjs
CD-RW Thug

Postby Han on Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:20 pm

Well, this is a new feature of CloneCD and it needs some tweaking. Wait for new releases - I'm sure they'll be more user friendly - more like DAEMON Tools. :wink:
Han
CD-RW PiMP

Got It

Postby Ahumado on Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:32 pm

I have it running now and for the most part it is a really fine addition to CLone CD. It requires HD space but I have plenty and now don't need to bother with crax at all. What a great addition. I have installed atlas's , clip art, graphics programs that always needed the CD for templates and several games that there were no crax for such as Forsaken...which I will finish one day :-)

Thanks for your help and posts !!

Ahumado

"Not Gay and Proud of it !!"
Ahumado
Buffer Underrun

Postby BoGMan1a on Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:44 am

I gotta agree with HJS about remembering what was mounted on which drive at re-boot. I think that this is a very worthwhile feature but why even bother with up to 8 virtual drives if you have to re-mount to each one after a re-boot. In that instance, 1 drive possibly 2 is all that I will get any use out of. I guess the only other use would be for a printing suite that had a lot of graphics on separate discs but even then I am fishing for uses. However, being their first time out with this method, I think they did an outstanding job overall with the implementation of it. I just hope that maybe someone from Elby will see these suggestions and weigh their merits for the next upgrade. Oh well, I still LOVE CloneCD!!!!!!
Main Computer:
ASUS A7N8X deluxe
AMD Athlon XP2500
1Gb PC3200
6600GT AGP
BENQ 1620
NEC 3500AG
Lite-on 52246S
Lite-on LTC-48161H
1 Tb of internal HDD space
750+ Gb external storage
Dual Boot Win2000Pro/XP Home