Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Sony DRU-500A and FileCD. Does it work?

SlySoft, Alcohol, VSO Software, NTI, etc.

Sony DRU-500A and FileCD. Does it work?

Postby suriel on Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:38 am

Just purchased the Sony DRU-500A and none of my packet writting software (Direct CD nor InCD v3.51) work with it. Can someone having this drive tell me if it works with FileCD?
suriel
Buffer Underrun

Re: Sony DRU-500A and FileCD. Does it work?

Postby Kennyshin on Sat Nov 16, 2002 4:05 am

suriel wrote:Just purchased the Sony DRU-500A and none of my packet writting software (Direct CD nor InCD v3.51) work with it. Can someone having this drive tell me if it works with FileCD?

What type of media did u use? DVD-RW or DVD+RW or CD-RW?
Kennyshin
CD-RW Player

Postby suriel on Sat Nov 16, 2002 5:30 am

Used Sony, CompUSA, Verbatin, and Memorex CD-RW's. Nothing worked. InCD recognizes the drive and begins formating the disc, but fails to do so. DirectCD doesn't even recognize the drive at all.
suriel
Buffer Underrun

Postby suriel on Sat Nov 16, 2002 5:33 am

Strangest thing. Downloaded and installed the NTI trial software. Upon rebooting, I inserted a disc previously formatted with DirectCD (I was going to try to reformat it with FileCD) and to my utter surprise, DirectCD’s “CD Ready Notification” window popped up. Then, I was able to copy/paste a file with DirectCD, not CD-Maker! What happened here? Did the NTI ASPI drivers installed during setup fix my problem? Wonder what would happen if I delete NTI? Actually, I'll use it and, if I like it, delete the Roxio crap and Nero. It sure would be ironic if the NTI software made DirectCD work. NTI should demand royalties :-)
suriel
Buffer Underrun

Return to Other CD, DVD and Blu-ray Burning Software