Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Problems regarding DMA in Windows XP SP 1 for Samsung CD-ROM

How fast is too fast?

Problems regarding DMA in Windows XP SP 1 for Samsung CD-ROM

Postby pranav81 on Sat Dec 14, 2002 3:17 am

I just ran the SFC wizard form the run command in the Start menu and then windows prompted me to insert the Win XP Pro CD in the drive.I did insert the CD in the drive and SFC completed.I then restarted the system and reinstalled SP1.After that when I checked the transfer mode for the CD-ROM,it had changed from DMA to PIO.Due to this I am seeing the performance sluggish.
Please help me out of this problem.i did everything that is suggested by the Microsoft Knowledge Base with no reults.My CD-ROM is Samsung CD-ROM SC-152C CS05,which did support the DMA mode before I RAN SFC.
Waiting for some posts,
Thanks in advance,
Pranav
Last edited by pranav81 on Wed May 14, 2003 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:18 am

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Hi Dodecahedron

Postby NeilPeart on Sat Dec 14, 2002 7:36 am

Hi Dodecahedron,
I wasn't sure if my PM was sent to you. If not, let me just say hello. I have not had much time lately to browse the forums due to my strenuous school schedule. I am doing OK, but I'm very busy! Thanks for the concern. I hope you are also doing well. Stay safe and keep handing out good advice on the forums! Shalom, chaver. :)
Drives I Own:

Asus S520/A, Plextor UltraPlex 40TSi, Lite-on XJ-HD166S, Pioneer DVD-106S, Toshiba SD-M1712, Plextor PX-R820Ti, Plextor PX-W1210TS, Plextor Premium, Samsung SM-352B, Teac CD-W540E, Yamaha CRW-F1, Plextor PX-708A, Sony DRU-510A
NeilPeart
Buffer Underrun

Done!!

Postby pranav81 on Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:49 am

Dear dodecahedron,
I solved the problem by risking and deleting the IDE channel on which the CD-ROM drive was installed.Windows asked for a restart and then detected and installed the IDE channel and again asked for a restart and when booted I selected the option "DMA,if available" and again restarted.And what do I see?DMA enabled for CD-ROM drive.
Thanks for helping,
See ya later,

::Pranav::
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Return to CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Drives