Home News Reviews Forums Shop

burning blanks?

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

burning blanks?

Postby ade099 on Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:17 am

i'm trying to burn a bin/cue set but i'm ending up with coasters. i've tried nero, cdrwin, and fireburner and none of them seem to work right. it'd burn with no problem, but when it's done, there's nothing on the CD. i've tried bin2iso but the iso gives the same problem. and it seems to only let me burn if i do TAO. my drive supports that too, so.. i'm at a loss. has anyone else come across this before? tanks.

-a
ade099
Buffer Underrun

Postby Han on Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:25 am

Extract the files with IsoBuster or mount the image with DAEMON Tools...
Han
CD-RW PiMP

Postby UALOneKPlus on Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:48 am

Try changing your windows explorer view options to see system and hidden files.
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby Wedge Maniac on Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:15 pm

I would try Han's suggestion first: extract the image using Isobuster, then try another burn. Be sure to do what UALOneKPlus mentioned by enabling the view of hidden and system files. I suppose it's possible that the files are there but they are hidden.

OR, try reading the image using the Ddump engine in Burnatonce. Choose "Read/Copy" --> "Ddump to Image". Adjust the Ddump settings to your preference using the little [...] button. After the read, load it for burning with the same program. It's free and many people, myself included, find it reliable in burning images as well as audio compilations.
Wedge Maniac
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:32 pm

What version of burnatonce are you using, Wedge Maniac?

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby Wedge Maniac on Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:50 pm

I'm using .96 RC-07 (Release Condition 07)

As a donor I can access pre-releases. Donors and official beta-testers get to provide feedback on bugs before the next official release. This also means that we have priority in support within the pre-release forum.
Wedge Maniac
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:59 pm

Thanks Wedge Maniac. I thought maybe you had access to the 0.96 release candidates, since I don't see the menu items to which you referred in my 0.95a copy, which I only downloaded a couple of weeks ago and haven't had a chance to play with much. Would you recommend I wait for the 0.96 before evaluating it?

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby Wedge Maniac on Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:36 pm

Although .95a is a stable release I would probably wait just a few more days because .96 is coming very soon.

I completely forgot that my version might be considerably different from the general beta releases. This next release is something to be reckoned with. The developer has added quite a bit. I'm asking him if it is ok to post a list of the new features here. I'll report back soon.
Wedge Maniac
CD-RW Player

Postby Wedge Maniac on Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:12 pm

Ok, great news: Jamie is shooting to release .96 this Friday :)

He prefers that I did not post a complete changelog, but otherwise, it's ok to reveal new features.

That being said, I can tell you that he has added basic support for decoding FLAC, improved support for ogg files including the addition of Vorbis tags, support for ID3v2 tags for mp3 and mp2.

For data compilation, he has added 207 character support for folder/filenames, which removes the limit on how deep the folder structure can be. The new explorer-like window for moving data around is nice for sure.

He added more status messages to the main window during read/write operations. There are improvements to the GUI, making it a bit more intuitive, IMO. There is now a nifty help file that covers most of what is now implemented (keep in mind this will be modified as the need arises in keeping up with the progam's development).

There are numerous other improvements (noticable ones) and, of course, bug-fixes. I should add that Windows 98 users are reporting that Burnatonce is working just fine with this OS.

I'll be sure to post when again upon the day of release for .96
Wedge Maniac
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:33 pm

Hey, great! That looks like something worth waiting for. Thanks for the news, Wedge Maniac. I'll be looking forward to the new version and its enhanced features. When it comes out, please post a notification in the General Software forum, and maybe drop a line to Ian. Perhaps he will announce it in the news section.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

cool beans

Postby ade099 on Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:04 pm

hey all,
thanks for the input and advice. isobuster worked. :) you guys rock!

-a :D
ade099
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)