Home News Reviews Forums Shop

How can I hide icons from systray and keep the prog. running

Anything else

How can I hide icons from systray and keep the prog. running

Postby pranav81 on Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:21 pm

dear all,
i want to know how to hide the KazaaLite icon from the systray and still keep it running in background.
if anybody knows the solution please respond as fast as you can.somebody always messes up with the downloads when they see the icon in the systray.my sister uses the computer and so I cannot lock it up.I use Windows 2000 Professional SP3.
waiting for some posts.....thanks in advance.

Pranav.
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby Inertia on Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:28 pm

If you go to Options | More Options | K++ Options and select "No system tray icon", the program will minimize to the taskbar instead of the system tray.

Since this doesn't serve your purpose of hiding the operation of the program, if you choose File | Hide in systray, the program will disappear from the desktop while it continues to run in the Close Program dialog. Since the program will not appear anywhere on the desktop, the only way I know to reenter it is to restart it.

I haven't tried this with a download, so I don't know if it will download in the background with no outward evidence of the program being active. :)
Inertia
CD-RW Player

This doesn't work..?

Postby pranav81 on Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:17 am

Thanks Inertia for the fast reply.But when I click the link under File l Hide in systray it gets minimized to the systray.I DONT want the program to be in the systray.I want to run the program in background enabling me to download in the background,all this invisible to the user.
This is possible in Windows XP but I cannot see how this works under Windows 2000 Pro. SP3.
Waiting for some posts.....thanks in advance,

Pranav.
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby Inertia on Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:23 am

It sounds like you didn't follow all of my advice.

First you must go to Options | More Options | K++ Options and select "No system tray icon". Close the program and restart it.

Then choose File | Hide in systray. The program should then run in the background with no visible icons or taskbar references.
Inertia
CD-RW Player

No more options tab.

Postby pranav81 on Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:30 am

dear inertia,
thanks for the post.but when i saw under the options i did not see any more options tab or dialogue.there were only tabs having "my kazaa lite,traffic,advanced,filter,skins,messages and firewall."
in all these i did not find more options anywhere.i have downloaded this from the kazaa lite site itself and is latest of the lot.the version is 2.0.2.
please help...waiting...
thanks,

Pranav.
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby Inertia on Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:44 am

You are not using the latest version with all the options.

You need Kazaa Lite v2.1.0 (K++ Edition). The regular links are down, but you should be able to download the English version at that German site.

This version will give you the Options | More Options | K++ Options choices. :)
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Re: This doesn't work..?

Postby Matt on Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:04 pm

pranav81 wrote:Thanks Inertia for the fast reply.But when I click the link under File l Hide in systray it gets minimized to the systray.I DONT want the program to be in the systray.I want to run the program in background enabling me to download in the background,all this invisible to the user.

Why do you want to hide it? Some sys admins ban Kazaa usage and you don't want them to see it? Just because it's not showing on the desktop doesn't mean it's not on the loaded modules or current processes list :)
Matt
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:43 pm

damn, Matt, you got lots of buttons under your name...
why don't you sign up on Yahoo Messenger, then you'll have them all? :lol: :wink:
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Thanks a lot buddy....

Postby pranav81 on Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:17 am

Dear Inertia,
Thanks a lot for the valuable posts.I then understood that Kazaa,KazaaLite and KazaaLite K++ are different variants of one software.
Thanks a lot for the help.

Pranav.
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Re: This doesn't work..?

Postby Inertia on Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:45 am

You're welcome, Pranav. :)

Matt wrote:
pranav81 wrote:Thanks Inertia for the fast reply.But when I click the link under File l Hide in systray it gets minimized to the systray.I DONT want the program to be in the systray.I want to run the program in background enabling me to download in the background,all this invisible to the user.

Why do you want to hide it? Some sys admins ban Kazaa usage and you don't want them to see it? Just because it's not showing on the desktop doesn't mean it's not on the loaded modules or current processes list :)

Matt, if you read Pranav.'s first post, he states that his reason for hiding the program is his sister, not a sys admin.

Another case of the 'ol sister admin problem. :lol: :lol:
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Return to General Software Questions