Home News Reviews Forums Shop

DRX-500ULX, What Software to use?

How fast is too fast?

DRX-500ULX, What Software to use?

Postby RichardHeaton on Thu May 29, 2003 7:51 pm

I'm not certain if this question should be in the Hardware Forum or in the Software Forum. I've now posted it in both.

I finally took the leap and purchased a Sony DRX-500ULX directly from Sony's web site. Now I find myself concerned about what software to use with the unit.

I also have TDK and Yahama CD Burners on my system and have the Nero Burning Rom, Nero Express and InCD installed, all TDK bundled versions. (nero551028.exe, InCD35240.exe)

Sony packaged:
Record Now Dx, (Cd DVD Writing software)
DLA (Packet Writing Software)
Simple Back-up
Music Match Jukbox
My DVD (DVD Authoring)
Power DVD (DVD Playback)

I have experienced the troublesome problems of having Roxio and Ahead on my Windows 2000 system in the past. To record CDs on the Sony using the Nero software, I'll have to upgrade to the full version. (TDK version will only record on TDK drives.)

Can anyone give me some guidance as to what combination of these software products will provide the best "mix" of functionality and trouble free operation?

Thank you all in advance.

Richard Heaton
RichardHeaton
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Thu May 29, 2003 10:10 pm

Please don't double post. :(

I have had no trouble running Nero and Easy CD Creator on the same system (Windows 98 and Windows XP). Both DirectCD and InCD are good, but don't have both on your system at one time.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby RichardHeaton on Fri May 30, 2003 12:13 am

LiteOnGuy,

Thank you for your response. I've deleted the second post in "General Software". Sorry for the double post and thank you for reminding me.

RichardHeaton
RichardHeaton
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Fri May 30, 2003 2:37 am

You're welcome. :D

I appreciate the fact that you were so willing to delete the second post. I think you will get just as many responses with one thread.

By the way, I should mention that I am using Easy CD Creator Platinum 5.3.5 and Nero 5.5.10.28 concurrently on a Windows XP system and on a Windows 98 system, and everything seems to work fine.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Return to CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Drives