Home News Reviews Forums Shop

DVD writer aluminum bezel

CPU's? Motherboards? Video cards? Talk about it here.

DVD writer aluminum bezel

Postby Javor on Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:56 am

As the (vain) new owner of an aluminum-magnesium alloy computer case (not a Lian Li), I would be interested in finding out if any DVD writers are available with an aluminum bezel. Has anyone seen one? I know you can buy stick-on bezels for some popular CD-ROMs at CompUSA, for example, but I’d be interested in a factory original version. I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking about this!
Javor
Buffer Underrun

Postby CowboySlim on Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:35 pm

I'd take it to a place that does automobile collision repairs and ask them to paint it. Beige bezels have been successfully painted with Krylon to black, but the metallic finsh may be best left to professionals.
Slim
Number of burners bought in 2003: 3
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby Javor on Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:24 pm

Thanks for the tip. On looking further I think I’m gonna go for a stick-on aluminum bezel coincidentally available from Lian Li for various drives. Now I just have to choose from among the drives they make bezels for! I also found a Toshiba 16x40x10x CD-R/CD-RW and 12x DVD-ROM combo drive available natively in aluminum from Directron.com, but naturally it’s out of stock with no ETAL
Javor
Buffer Underrun

Postby burninfool on Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:40 pm

Some NEC 1300A DVD writers have brushed aluminum and the new Plextor looks like it has a brushed alum. face.
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Return to General Hardware Discussion