Home News Reviews Forums Shop

NTI CD-Maker Problems

SlySoft, Alcohol, VSO Software, NTI, etc.

NTI CD-Maker Problems

Postby Bart on Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:42 pm

I'm having problems getting NTI CD-Maker to run.
System: eMachines 333cs; 192MB Ram; Win98; Polaroid BurnMax48 CD-Rw, no other programs running.

System recognizes CD-RW. Software installation seemed to go OK.

When I try to open NTI CD-Maker 2000 Plus ver 5.5 from desktop the NTI opening page appears for 2-3 seconds then disappears. Clicking on desktop icon again will start program, showing choices of Data CD, Audio CD, etc.

Trying to start one of the choices freezes everything, requiring alt+ctrl+del to shut down the non-responding NTI CD-Maker 2000 Plus and cdmkr32. Still impossible to start other programs via desktop. Moving cursor (which shows hour glass) causes clicking sound.

Alt+ctlr+del, again, and then closing Explorer will allow other programs to be started. Interestingly, doing another alt+ctrl+del shows Explorer still running.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled NTI software five times, cleaned registry, reinstalled Win98, and reinstalled hardware. I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bart :(
Bart
Buffer Underrun

Postby burninfool on Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:26 pm

burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby fil on Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:11 pm

This thread is very old, but I'm going to give my opinion about it, maybe it can help someone else having similar troubles.
I also own an exact same machine like yours(emachines, k6-333, 192MB RAM).and this box, despite being old, is extremely stable and reliable.
NTI CD Maker always did run flawlessly on it.(more than 600 burns and several hundred audio rips as well(EAC), using a single LG CDRW 12x on it).
I would recommend the following steps:

Clean win98SE install, thus apply the necessary device drivers(video, audio, modem, NIC, etc)...
Update your ASPI to 4.60 or 4.61(dont use 4.7).
Avoid any proggie running in the background(anti virus, messengers, etc)
From the desktop, press control-alt-del and it must show only "explorer and systray">>anything else can be disabled<<.
Install your v5.x retail and go to NTI page to download the update to CD Maker de Luxe v5.129(free).This a full version and will remove the old one first.
Install the updated drive database from NTI.
I hope, after all those steps it should work.
fil
Buffer Underrun

Return to Other CD, DVD and Blu-ray Burning Software