Home News Reviews Forums Shop

OUCH! oh that hurts! I just got home from the ER

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

OUCH! oh that hurts! I just got home from the ER

Postby MonteLDS on Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:53 pm

i had a collapse lung! I hope everyone else is okay.

my chest started to hurt on my way home from disneyland and i didn't know why. thought it go away but it was around for an hour! so i called my mom to tell her hey I am about home and my chest hurts. so she called the Dr. I went down there and they checked me out and then they sent me over to the ER. And their they explained that I had a collapse lung, and it was due to me being tall and skinny? as well as in the family history.. but no one i know of in my family has had this problem. but then again none have been tall

some info
http://www.healthsquare.com/mc/fgmc0408.htm
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:59 pm

sorry to hear that.
hope you feel better and get well soon.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby TheWizard on Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:08 am

It was due to you being tall and skinny? Hmmmm...how did that doctor get his diploma? It may have been to something which happened at Disneyland, and your lean stature may have aided the problem, but you did not get a collapsed lung based only on the fact that you are tall and skinny, trust me on that.

On brighter news, it's nice to see you back to your normal form. :) At least, I take it you are OK, otherwise what are you doing on the CDRLabs forum, man? Get some rest! :D
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:20 am

Sorry to hear that, hope you are feeling better.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby Ian on Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:28 am

Sounds like you had too much fun at Space Mountain. :lol:

Good to hear that you're OK.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby hoxlund on Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:09 am

don't worry about it, i get collapsed lungs all the time, mine are caused by:

Getting Software or games to in advanced before they hit store shelves 8)
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:02 am

Not to mention the air in Colorado. It's a bit...thin. :)
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby hoxlund on Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:42 am

haha yeah that just plain ol doesn't help anyone
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:24 am

Ian wrote:Sounds like you had too much fun at Space Mountain. :lol:

the ride was close :(

but man did jennifer and i have fun!! short lines and everything
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:36 am

MonteLDS wrote:
Ian wrote:Sounds like you had too much fun at Space Mountain. :lol:

the ride was close :(

but man did jennifer and i have fun!! short lines and everything

so you are still with Jennifer?
how are things going with you two?
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby MonteLDS on Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:29 pm

dodecahedron wrote:so you are still with Jennifer?
how are things going with you two?

things are going great :)
Disneyland was SOOO much fun with her! It is kind of hard though cause I want to get married and she keeps praying about it and keeps getting the answer not now. And in a way that worries me. But she does say she would love to marry me. But she needs to be 100% sure. Which I understand

You know the saying "don't spend too much money on another person wife" And that just worries me. Because she is still dating other people, despite that we are pretty much a couple, and her family loves me. And I love them!

The girl was so worried about me yesterday

Long Story

So Jennifer & I got to her house (80 miles south of my house) and it was 2am so I slept over. Was about 5:30 that I got up and took off to go home, shower and get to work @ 8am. So I drive home and at 6am my right chest starts to hurt (sharp pain). So I just txt msg Jennifer Cell to tell her about the pain.

So I think psh- it will go away, I get to my home town an hour later and it still hurts, so I call my mom to tell her. And when her and I start to talk I start to balling :cry: and mom said she call the DR. I then call Jennifer at 7am, and i get her VM. And I am crying so hard from the pain as I leave a message.

When she wakes up she gets a 2nd message that I was going to ER. So she is all freaked out, and when I called her house I talked to her sister, Jennifer was in the shower.

but ya long story short, when we later talked she was happy to hear from me and she came to my house real late last nite. and right now she is asleep in the room next door.
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby VEFF on Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:58 pm

Glad to hear you are alright and that you had fun!!! :)
Burners only:
Pioneer DVR-115D
Pioneer DVR-111D
Plextor PX-716A TLA0304
Plextor PX-716A same TLA

LiteOn 52246S 52X CD-RW
LiteOn 52246S (another)
LiteOn 52327S 52X CD-RW
TDK 40X USB 2.0 CD-RW
TEAC CD-W540E 40X CD-RW
VEFF
CD-RW Player

Postby UALOneKPlus on Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:47 pm

Dang, sounds pretty scary!!! Glad you're ok. Take it easy, both with yourself and with Jennifer. Let things go their course, and you'll be fine!
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:24 pm

MonteLDS wrote:You know the saying "don't spend too much money on another person wife" And that just worries me. Because she is still dating other people, despite that we are pretty much a couple, and her family loves me.

Alright.. this is totally off the current topic, but I really need to get this off my chest. Monte, it's hard to be a couple if she's dating other people. I know you really love her, but you might want to "shop around" as well... especially if she's not ready to commit to a relationship, marriage or otherwise.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dodecahedron on Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:22 pm

Ian wrote:
MonteLDS wrote:You know the saying "don't spend too much money on another person wife" And that just worries me. Because she is still dating other people, despite that we are pretty much a couple, and her family loves me.

Alright.. this is totally off the current topic, but I really need to get this off my chest. Monte, it's hard to be a couple if she's dating other people. I know you really love her, but you might want to "shop around" as well... especially if she's not ready to commit to a relationship, marriage or otherwise.

my sentiments exactly.
i didn't want to say anything, because i didn't want to step into the spot of "telling" someone what to do with their personal life, but...

really Jonathan i think you have to give it some serious thought.
i know you really care for Jennifer very much, but it seems that she has a problem with commiting to a serious relationship with you. and i'm not necessarily talking of marriage, i can understand hesitation on that front, but when you just wrote that she is seeing other people i was shocked, i'd thought you were well beyond that point.

i don't know what would be right for you, to "shop around" too, or maybe to take some time off to see how you both feel after a little while apart, but i honestly don't think you can make any sort of relationship work like this, and i'd be sorry to see you get hurt.
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby MonteLDS on Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:05 pm

thanks for you guys support. Thanks a ton for the advice with Jennifer too.

this is going be kind of long so sorry in advance! this has nothing to do with my ER but my next post below will

a few times I have wantted to tell her "if we aren't a couple we need to see less of each other untill we are" But it is so hard. I just can't ever come to it. She doesn't seem to intrested in these other guys, but it still worries me :(

I don't know if I can tell her tonight. because i think it is an in person thing to do. I don't want her to be hurt either.

Recently she asked me on our car ride home from Disneyland (thursday nite) what I had learn from her. I said let me think about it; and then she said "what I have learned from you is how to really know how to love someone. how to be courted correctly. "
Also this happen pretty recently
her and i went together to the dance and shortly after being there, we were seperated for the whole dance (about 70 mins) while she talked to this other guy. I was pretty frusterated and just try to let it go. thinking what will be will be. I also was very hurt. It was about midnight and the dance was still going and i needed to go home. So i told her while she was sitting with this guy, 'hey jennifer i need to go home' she said to give her five mins. and intro. me to this guy who i shooked hands with while feeling pretty crestfallen. As I went to the car, I kind of just was really down so i called a friend we talked for a sec, he said his "i am sorry" and then Jennifer came to the car (orignally expecting that she might be driving my car home). but i was in the driver seat, and i heard her say to this guy, Oh i guess i am not driving. I open her door from the inside cause i was too frusterated to get out.
She then asked me how was the dance for me. And i explained that I was really bored, and I missed her. Also that I was frusterated but I would just except it and get over it in time. She said that she was so sorry, her friend was real sad about something; and I told her, "that is good to know for myself. I am sorry that I felt frusterated; I didn't know and it was okay now that I understood that he was sad." She contuine to say she was sorry and she wantted to make it up to me. I said, her "being with me now is all that I need along with sometime to ease the pain." She then said on the way home.
"I can really tell you love me, even with all my fualts" and I just said "yes I do love you that much"

Yesterday as i sat in the ER waiting to be worked on like some Junkie Compaq PC that had ran out of RAM and Virtual Memory as well as Hard Drive Space. I thought about the question jennifer asked me on thursday nite on our way home. And it hit me that what I had learn from her is how to really love someone no matter what. I told her that friday nite and then she told me she loved me a minute later.

It makes it even harder to tell someone you love hey we have to date less, cause it puts kind of a preasure of
"this time i need to know, i really must be told if it's over...
..it's up to you, you know; the things you want to hold"
The Smashing Pumpkins - This Time
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:06 pm

ok check out this cool toy stuck to my chest, a tube goes into my lung from this. this hurts a tad, but not unbearable that i need to take meds to calm the pain

http://66.236.51.227/lungthing.jpg
*beware 56kers it is big*
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:34 pm

You know, you dating other girls might be the thing Jennifer needs to finally see how much you mean to her. Seeing you spend time (and money) with other girls might just show her what she's missing.

I really have to give you credit. You truly love this girl. If it was me at that dance, I would have left her ass there.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby treemana on Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:36 am

Ian wrote:If it was me at that dance, I would have left her ass there.

MonteLDS, I don't know you at all, but as a fellow SF Bay Area guy let me just say that I completely agree with Ian on this. Not only won't Jennifer commit to marriage, but she won't even commit to stop seeing other people. That sends up a big "Warning Flag" to me.

On the actual subject, I'm glad you're OK. My son recently had to spend the night in a local hospital due to a severe asthma attack. It scared the cr*p out of me. (Pardon my French!) And, his lung was only partially collapsed. They kept him on oxygen all night, and he was able to go home the next day. (With a couple of inhalers and a machine called a "nebulizer".) So far, the medication seems to be working, no relapes!

Stay (physically and emotionally) healthy!
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...
treemana
CD-RW Player

Postby UALOneKPlus on Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:53 am

Ian wrote:You know, you dating other girls might be the thing Jennifer needs to finally see how much you mean to her. Seeing you spend time (and money) with other girls might just show her what she's missing.

I really have to give you credit. You truly love this girl. If it was me at that dance, I would have left her ass there.

I have to agree with Ian here. I love my wife and everything. But when we were dating I had to let her know where the boundaries were. There were a couple of times when I broke up with her, to let her know that there were some things that I would not compromise. Fortunately she passed the test and we got back together.

You have to gain respect or you'll never wear pants in the relationship. Do what they say "if you love them, let them go. If they come back to you, then it's meant to be"...
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:09 pm

Okay I am going in to check out if they can take my plastic friend out today at 8am PST. If you like PRAY FOR ME!

I fear that this may not just be taken out. I fear they might have to staple my lung shut :(

I think they might staple me because it still hurts. so that is a pretty good sign to me that it isn't healing or healed. but then again it may just be my little plastic friend here
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

yipe! ALL BETTER!!!!!!!!!

Postby MonteLDS on Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:55 pm

OOOOOOOOOO YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HTTP://66.236.51.227/ALLBETTER.JPG
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Re: yipe! ALL BETTER!!!!!!!!!

Postby Ian on Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:36 pm

MonteLDS wrote:HTTP://66.236.51.227/ALLBETTER.JPG

Ughh... Good to see you got it out. Did the docs ever figure out how this happened?
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:00 pm

glad you're better.
hope you're feelin bettter too. :D
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby CDRecorder on Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:28 am

Glad to hear that you got the plastic thing out. I hope you're feeling better soon! :D
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Next

Return to The Beer Garden