Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Verified Nero 6.6.0.3 bug - Lead out

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Verified Nero 6.6.0.3 bug - Lead out

Postby Jim on Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:45 am

I posted recently about trying to shut off short lead-out and not being able to. I investigated further after removing and re-installing Nero which did ultimate fix the problem. Anyway, I was able to reproduce it by unchecking "high compatibility mode (at least 1 gig written)" for a given burner. If you do that then Nero 6.6.0.3 will start writing short lead-outs even though you have the generate short lead-out box unchecked in the preferences. The only way to shut it off at this point is to re-enable "dvd high compatibility mode" for the recorder.

Why do I uncheck high compatibility mode? I'm creating Xbox backups the retain the original file layout structure as the original without any padding. Some of the layouts are under 1 gig.

I'm using Alcohol to burn my .ISO images under 1 gig until this bug is corrected.
Jim
CD-RW Player

Postby HardwareHarry on Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:43 pm

You may be right Jim, but I have experienced no problems with different copies or burning (with short leadouts), every CD and DVD will be reading exact at different CD and DVD-players at my home!
Sony CD-player CDP-XE210
Pioneer 6cd-changer PD-M50
Hiteker DVD-recorder HE 560
Hireker DVD-player HE 1700
JVC DVD-player XV-N33
and on my system:
LiteOn 40125S CD-writer
Sony DRU 500A-DVD-witer.

Harry
HardwareHarry
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)