Home News Reviews Forums Shop

View reviews by rating?

Need help with the website? Have feedback? Post it here.

View reviews by rating?

Postby MyCsPiTTa on Thu May 31, 2007 10:56 pm

Hi,

The reviews here are excellentbut why isn't there a way to see like "Top ten DVD writers" or something, based on the out-of-10 score they get in the reviews.
My situation is simply that I want to buy a new DVD burner and I'd like to know what the best ones are. Actually all of the product reviews should be sortable on rating, best to worst.
Or is this already possible and I'm just missing something?
MyCsPiTTa
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Thu May 31, 2007 11:03 pm

I've never been a big fan of "top 10" lists. Partially because my needs probably aren't going to match up with others. You're better off reading the highs and lows of each drive to find one that suits your needs.

If you'd rather skip all that and buy the "best" drive currently available, I'd check our latest poll (sorry.. I didn't put one together for May):

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=23208
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby MyCsPiTTa on Thu May 31, 2007 11:46 pm

That's true - MY main need to find one that burns decent CD-RWs. I get half way through a review then, whoops, bad CD-RW burn quality.

But at least a rating list would put me in the right ball park. Cheers, I'll check out the poll but I'd really hope people's votes are at least partly based on some qualitative testing like the reviews are. Issues such as reliability and build quality probably won't show until about a year or so of use.
MyCsPiTTa
Buffer Underrun

Return to Feedback and Help