Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today officially released its BDR-XS05 slot loading BD/DVD/CD burner, which can be used in a horizontal or vertical (standing up) position to save on desk space. The slot loading mechanism on the BDR-XS05 adds elegance and a differentiating style to conventional tray or clamshell drives, and is intended for discerning consumers opting for a device that combines technology, performance and great cosmetic appeal. The versatile and slim BDR-XS05 supports all BDXL discs and includes CyberLink software for Blu-ray and DVD playback, video editing and authoring, and data/file storage. In addition, the drive offers USB 3.0 connectivity for high speed read and write performance.
“The BDR-XS05 not only offers great performance, but we’ve also made it fun and functional by letting users customize it so it’s not just another computer device sitting on a table or desk,” said Steven Cohn, director of optical sales for the Home Electronics Industrial Department at Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “With the clear top plate, users can change the color with the three inserts we’ve included in the packaging or add their own insert such as a picture so the device becomes part of the office or home décor.”
The BDR-XS05 also offers additional advantages including Pioneer’s unique technologies, PureRead 2+ and Auto Quiet Mode.
- Slot Load Mechanism – By using a slot load mechanism, the BDR-XS05 can be mounted in a horizontal or vertical position, which can save desk space.
- Clear Panel Top Plate – Three design sheets included with the drive can be interchanged and inserted between a protective clear acrylic top panel for a more customized look. Users can also insert their own customized sheets such as a photo or image for a “picture frame” look.
- PureRead2+ – This built-in technology enables the drive to dynamically adjust its optical playback settings through the use of a unique algorithm. Clicking or popping sounds that might normally occur due to minor scratches and fingerprints on CDs can be minimized, resulting in optimized playback of discs.
- Auto Quiet Mode – This feature minimizes the drive’s operating noise based on the type of use. The rotation speed changes to a quieter mode (slower speed) when watching Blu-ray and DVD titles or listening to conventional audio CDs and increases in speed when used for reading or writing data onto media.
- USB Power – The drive can be powered by a USB connection and can support USB boot on startup for CD boot recovery.
The Pioneer BDR-XS05 is now available with a suggested retail price of $149.
More details can be found at www.pioneerelectronics.com/drives.