Home News Reviews Forums Shop

7th Harry Potter Book Spoiler

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

7th Harry Potter Book Spoiler

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:50 pm

Well ok, it's not really a spoiler. More like a web-cartoonist's version of what he thinks should happen:
http://www.homeonthestrange.com/view.php?ID=169

to re-iterate, the chances of having book 7 spoiled are slim to none, so click the link :wink:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:11 am

lol!!

Semi-related... I was at the theater tonite seeing Transformers again and there was a huge line full of Potter fans waiting for the midnite showing of the new movie. Tons of pre-teens with their wizard cloaks and wands. Oddly enough, I didn't see any 30 or 40 year olds out there.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby SithTracy on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:15 am

Harry Potter is this generations "Star Wars", but the movies are about as good as the second Star Wars trilogy.... Average at best, but much better acting (Hayden Christensen just got on my nerves).

I've taken my nieces to every one off them (my kids are too young). I'm in the 30-40 range. Closer to the 40 than I'd like to be.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:09 am

SithTracy wrote:I've taken my nieces to every one off them (my kids are too young). I'm in the 30-40 range. Closer to the 40 than I'd like to be.

Yes, but you're not dressing up in wizard cloaks along with the teenagers. I've seen this at every other Potter movie.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby SithTracy on Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:41 am

Ian wrote:Yes, but you're not dressing up in wizard cloaks along with the teenagers. I've seen this at every other Potter movie.
LOL... HELL NO!!! And if my nieces did I would just keep driving past when I went to pick them up to take them to the movie... but won't have to worry about it for a couple of weeks.

I never went to one of the midnight book store openings or movie showings... so I've not seen it personally. But did see a spot on the news about it this AM (Milwaukee news).
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:28 am

SithTracy wrote:I never went to one of the midnight book store openings or movie showings... so I've not seen it personally. But did see a spot on the news about it this AM (Milwaukee news).

I did that once. My wife was a teacher and she and her kids were big into Potter. She dragged me along and I saw some guys I went to college with, all dressed up as wizards. Needless to say, I never went again.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:39 pm

The wife and I went and saw the movie tonite. It was pretty good.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Return to The Beer Garden