Home News Reviews Forums Shop

anyone own/used a Continuious Ink System on their printer?

CPU's? Motherboards? Video cards? Talk about it here.

anyone own/used a Continuious Ink System on their printer?

Postby Jbird on Sat May 01, 2004 8:29 pm

Wondering if anyone here has a CIS on their printer? I have an Epson r200, I was looking for the easiest & cheapest way to keep my inks flowing. I found a couple CIS setups on Ebay, which look great. I googled and the only reviews I found seemed to be from the companies selling them. I like the idea of external ink, as it's much cheaper & I don't have to fiddle with switching carts, or even worse trying to refill these Epson ones (a pain in the arse)

Since these aren't supported by the printer manfacturers, and I doubt I'll ever see one in person, unless I buy it. I'd like some opinions from people who have used them, before I drop $250+ dollars only to find out I got ripped off.

the thought of 6 external 16 ounce ink bottles running to my printer is very appealing :)
Jbird
Buffer Underrun

Postby aviationwiz on Sat May 01, 2004 11:11 pm

Just be smart, do it the easy way, and when a cartridge dies, buy a new one...
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby Jbird on Sun May 02, 2004 12:52 am

aviationwiz wrote:Just be smart, do it the easy way, and when a cartridge dies, buy a new one...

it's expensive, on my Canon i550 I think I went thru about a set of inks a week. I didn't have much luck with the OEM/Refill carts. And the retails are expensive, I was dropping 50 bucks a week almost. CIS seems like a good alternitive, but if my research proves otherwise I guess I'll just stick to spending tons of cash :)
Jbird
Buffer Underrun

Return to General Hardware Discussion