Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Battlestar Galactica To End After Season 4

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Battlestar Galactica To End After Season 4

Postby Ian on Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:17 pm

Great show, but I'm kinda glad its ending. They can drag out the search for earth only so far.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070601/tv_nm/battlestar_dc

The upcoming fourth season of Sci Fi Channel's "Battlestar Galactica" will be its final one after all.

After months of speculation, the show's producers are set to make the announcement at a press conference Friday.

Ending "Battlestar" with the upcoming 22-episode fourth season was a creative decision made by the hit show's executive producers Ronald Moore and David Eick.

"This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle and, finally, an end," Eick and Moore said in a statement Thursday. "Over the course of the last year, the story and the characters have been moving strongly toward that end, and we've decided to listen to those internal voices and conclude the show on our own terms. And while we know our fans will be saddened to know the end is coming, they should brace themselves for a wild ride getting there -- we're going out with a bang."

The fourth and final season of "Galactica" will kick off in November with "Razor," an extended two-hour episode, with the rest of the season slated to run beginning in early 2008.

Sci Fi executive vp original programming Mark Stern said the channel's brass "respect the producers' decision to end the series."

For months, Sci Fi had dispelled rumors about "Battlestar" ending its run after the fourth season.

A couple of weeks ago, one of the show's stars, Edward James Olmos, was quoted as saying that the upcoming batch of episodes were definitely the last ones. Sci Fi issued a statement denying such a decision had been made.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Morpheus on Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:22 pm

Yeah, I was told about this last week. First the Sci-Fi network ordered a season 4 with 13 episodes, then later extended that to 20 episodes. Then about a week ago I was told that they're also doing a 2-hour movie to air in Oct/Nov which is set during the second season with the Battlestar Pegasus and then the fourth and final season to air in January 2008.

I really like the first and second seasons, but I didn't like the third season that much. I found that the third season had no "main story" to it, it was just a collection of smaller stories, so to me it was like they wandering around. I hope that the fourth season will finish off the story - them finding Eath and settle down there (and the Cylons going away permanently). I think when they arrive on Earth, it's going to be something like 5000 or 3000 BC. That would be more interesting then being in the present or in the future.
Morpheus
CD-RW Player

Postby redk9258 on Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:24 pm

Never liked the new version. I do have the original series in the collectible Cylon Head box. I wish the original series would have lasted a few more years.
redk9258
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:53 pm

There was talk of a spin off awhile back. I wonder if that's still going to happen.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Return to The Beer Garden