i would like to thank JamieW in advance for making use of his numbered point making system
, a simple way to convey multiple concepts. thanks, Jamie
1. you're taking this much too seriously.
2. he's a Ceelbrity, which makes him fair game for jokes etc.
3. apparently you read the post too quickly, and also didn't bother to chase the link. the kid is not 6th grade, he's 6 years old. we're talking about 6-year-old math
not 6th grade math
. which makes him even more deserving of the jokes. click the link and you'll see some examples.
4. me being poorer than him has nothing to do with anything. and again, he's a celebrity and i'm a nobody so obviously he isn't talking about how i suck at soccer. irrelevant.
5. i doubt that any tutor he hires to teach his kid knows much much more about math than i do. prehaps know more about teaching maths to 6-year-olds, yes. but not maths in general (OK i'm not discounting the possibility, since he might hire an Oxford Professor with a Chair to do it, but i find that unlikely).
6. i agree with most of what you said in the last paragraph. all of that notwithstanding, i find it hilarious that a person like Beckham can't manage 6-year-old math exercises.