Home News Reviews Forums Shop


Blu-Ray preferred 4:1 over HD-DVD? What do YOU think?

Blu-ray Disc Writers, BD Combo and BD-ROM Drives

Which next generation format do you prefer?

Blu-Ray
11
79%
HD-DVD
3
21%
 
Total votes : 14

Postby RJW on Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:49 pm

dolphinius_rex wrote:
aviationwiz wrote:Now that's pretty cool, to delay a drive from your own laziness.


Maybe we're getting influenced by YOU too much :lol:


That's true. You have been influenced by Aviationwiz to much why else would you get 2 plextor px-716 drives ? if you allready have a px-712 ?
:lol:
RJW
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: The netherlands

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:00 pm

RJW wrote:
dolphinius_rex wrote:
aviationwiz wrote:Now that's pretty cool, to delay a drive from your own laziness.


Maybe we're getting influenced by YOU too much :lol:


That's true. You have been influenced by Aviationwiz to much why else would you get 2 plextor px-716 drives ? if you allready have a px-712 ?
:lol:


So I can do 2x as much scanning in the same amount of time, without having to increase my testing speed, or lower the testing accuracy :wink:

Also, the PX-716a has some nifty features I wanted to play with, and is really compatible with Acro Circle 16x media :D
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby RJW on Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:06 pm

Really, Not for the "Plextor brand on the bezel" hmm come on. :D
If the reasons you state are true then I guess Aviationwiz hasn't influenced to much.

:D
RJW
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: The netherlands

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:15 pm

RJW wrote:Really, Not for the "Plextor brand on the bezel" hmm come on. :D
If the reasons you state are true then I guess Aviationwiz hasn't influenced to much.

:D


Besides... I'm still waiting for my 2nd one.... there seems to be a stock shortage :(
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby burninfool on Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:42 am

I heard the BenQ DW1640 hasn't made it to America yet because of the Asian bird flu...or was it SARS?
It's a scary world out there with all those commies and dragons. :D
User avatar
burninfool
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:50 am
Location: USA

Postby RJW on Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:07 am

dolphinius_rex wrote:
Besides... I'm still waiting for my 2nd one.... there seems to be a stock shortage :(


Guess Aviationwiz has influenced more people then or did hey buy the complete stock himself :D
RJW
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: The netherlands

Previous

Return to Blu-ray Disc Drives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

All Content is Copyright (c) 2001-2017 CDRLabs Inc.