2gb DDR2 667mhz Patriot ram 1.8v in d/c
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 F10 BIOS
WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA300 7200RPM 16MB Buffer
Samsung SATA2 80gb 7200rpm
Samsung SH-S182D 18x DVD burner
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player

Postby sapiens74 on Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:47 pm

MY XBOX can read DVD+R with it set to DVDROM.

Great utility
sapiens74
CD-RW Thug

Does this utility allow the Nu Tech drive to burn to dvd-r?

Postby Albo on Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:51 am

:evil: I seem to recall reading that this drive would have frimware released for it that will allow it to burn to dvd-r. Is there any progress on this yet.
Albo
Buffer Underrun

Postby nicw on Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:20 pm

Hi, Folks, I am just putting the finishing touches to a new Bitsetting Utility I am writing for Nu (V1.03), and I am also expanding the verison within DVDInfoPro too.

This version has added the ability to save settings to DRAM aswell as FLASH. Because of the limited life of FLASH, many changes can be made to DRAM without affecting the life of the flash memory. The DRAM changes of course do not survive a power down. The flash then allows to have a default settings.

This version also extends bitsetting to DVD-R and DVD-RW media too.

All will be revealed soon.

cheers
NicW
www.dvdinfopro.com
www.dvdrrw.org
nicw
Buffer Underrun

Postby redmodel on Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:54 am

Hi,

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I haven't been able to find any clear answers to what I am looking for about changing bitsettings.

The first question is if I change the DVD+R to DVD-ROM setting. Can I still make a Multi-session Disc? Or does it have to be at disc-at-once?

And for changing the DVD+RW to DVD-rom. Is the disc still a re-writable disc? Or will I only be able to write to it only once?

thanks.

take care.
redmodel
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:33 am

nicw wrote:This version has added the ability to save settings to DRAM aswell as FLASH. Because of the limited life of FLASH, many changes can be made to DRAM without affecting the life of the flash memory. The DRAM changes of course do not survive a power down. The flash then allows to have a default settings.

very good idea! :D
extremely useful.
well done! :D
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Kool on Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:46 am

Hi, Folks, I am just putting the finishing touches to a new Bitsetting Utility I am writing for Nu (V1.03), and I am also expanding the verison within DVDInfoPro too.

This version has added the ability to save settings to DRAM aswell as FLASH. Because of the limited life of FLASH, many changes can be made to DRAM without affecting the life of the flash memory. The DRAM changes of course do not survive a power down. The flash then allows to have a default settings.

cheers
NicW

Nic,
Since NU have release the dual firmware for the DDW-081. Are we going to see the new Bitsetting Utility (V1.03) soon?
Kool
Buffer Underrun

Postby NUT ek on Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:51 am

Kool wrote:

cheers
NicW

Nic,
Since NU have release the dual firmware for the DDW-081. Are we going to see the new Bitsetting Utility (V1.03) soon?

I believe version 2.27 has been released of DVDInfoPro and has the the new 1.03 Bitsetting Util as well........I gotr this from nic's forums:

http://www.dvdrrw.org/

" Posted: Jan 17 2004, 07:07 AM

A test version of the dual firmware with bitsetting capability for DVD-R was posted last night on the Nu web site. I also released a early release of the next dvdinfopro last night to take advantage of this so users can start testing if they wish.

I have also finished the standalone bitsetter for Nu and they now have it but have not released it yet and its going through final testing by them.

Bugs for dvdinfopro and the firmware can be sent to me if you wish and I can forward the firmware ones on to Nu for you.

Currently supported Media codes in the test dual release are
Memorex DVD-R, MCC DVD-R, TAIYO-YUDEN DVD-R (TDK), CMC DVD-R. Supported Media codes for +R are as for previous firmware.

The link to the firmware is here:

http://www.nuniverse.com/admin/download ... U_dual.rar

Keep in mind that +R bitsetting has also been extended in this version of the firmware and dvdinfopro to include both flash ram and dram options.

I am now in discussion with Benq to try and offer the same functionality as the Nu drives now have and will keep all posted on this.

Cheers
NicW "

I hope that helps:)
NUT ek
CD-RW Thug

Previous

Return to DVD Writers