Home News Reviews Forums Shop


Bugs in Nero 6.0.0.11

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Bugs in Nero 6.0.0.11

Postby kaikow on Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:44 pm

On a multiboot system, I've got Nero 5.5.10.42 in one Win 2000 (SP 4) partition and, today, installed Nero 6.0.0.11 in another Win 2000 (SP 4) partition.

CD-ROM is SCSI Plextor PX-32TSi
CD-RW is ATAPI Plextor PX-W4824TA

Two bugs with Nero 6.0.0.11:

1. Using a CD-R created with Nero on 20 June 2003, so I believe it was with Nero 5.5.10.35, Nero 6.0.0.11 cannot even mount the volume. Nero 5.5.10.42 has no problem mounting the CD-R

Inserting the volume in the CD-RW, the drive on which the CD-R was recorded, Nero's Info Tool 1.0.3.3 reports:

Type : Data CD (Mode 1)
Capacity : 00:18.42 (2 MB)
Tracks : 1
Sessions : 1
CD-R(W) Info : Mitsubishi, CD-R, 79:59.73

File System : ISO9660, Joliet, UDF
Title : NEROUDFISO
Date : 20 June 2003
Publisher : n/a
Application : NERO___BURNING_ROM

2. Using a 6 session CD-R created with Nero on various dates, Nero 6.0.0.11 mounts the 1st session. Nero 5.5.10.42 mounts the last session.

Inserting the volume in the, the drive on which the CD-R was recorded, Nero's Info Tool 1.0.3.3 reports:

Type : Data CD (Mode 1)
Capacity : 11:14.58 (98 MB)
Tracks : 6
Sessions : 6
CD-R(W) Info : Mitsubishi, CD-R, 79:59.73

File System : ISO9660, Joliet
Title : 20001130
Date : 30 November 2000
Publisher : n/a
Application : n/a

My recollection is that these bugs did not exist in Nero 6.0.0.9, but I'm not sure.
kaikow
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:05 pm

Neroe Vision stuffed

Postby djmorgan on Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:07 pm

Nero vision 2 still will not see my capture card as anything but NTSC even though every other app see it as a PAL system - NV2 does not me allow to capture from my tuner.
A7N8X-E Deluxe bios 1011
AMD XP 2800+ (188 x 12.5)
GeForce FX5700
2 x 512 Corsair DDR PC3200
Seagate 80 + 20gig @ 7200 IDE
1 x Pioneer A07XLB Multi drives
1 x Pioneer A08XLB Multi drives
XP Pro SP2
djmorgan
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:10 pm

Postby rbmorse on Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:58 pm

Not having this problem with 6.0.0.11 and any CD-R recorded with any previously installed version of Nero.

Single installation of XP (home) with a Plexwriter 24/10/40a.
Regards
rbmorse
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:46 pm

Postby kaikow on Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:43 am

rbmorse wrote:Not having this problem with 6.0.0.11 and any CD-R recorded with any previously installed version of Nero.

Single installation of XP (home) with a Plexwriter 24/10/40a.


The bugs depend on the specific formatting of the CD-R media.
Although, I would believe that both should not be difficult to reproduce.

One CD-R was created using the option in Nero to create UDFISO.
The other CD-R is multisession.

Ahead should be able to recreate this, perhaps, it does depend on which version was used to create th emedia.
kaikow
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:05 pm

Re: Neroe Vision stuffed

Postby raydog1 on Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:28 am

djmorgan wrote:Nero vision 2 still will not see my capture card as anything but NTSC even though every other app see it as a PAL system - NV2 does not me allow to capture from my tuner.


I have a problem related to my tuner also. It will capture video from it, but no matter what I set as the audio source, it will not capture the audio. I have an ATI TV Wonder. The ATI Multimedia Center has no problems capturing video and audio. Now the even bigger problem. . .

When I try to get Nerovision to capture video from the card, it screws up the initialization process for the ATI MC. So when I exit out of Nero and try to use the ATI MC to capture video/audio, I get an initalization error that doesn't go away until I reboot. Sometimes, if I activate ATI MC BEFORE I try to capture with Nero, then Nero gives me the initialization error. In that case, all I have to do is exit from/then restart Nero and that seems to get rid of that particular error. Of course, that still doesn't solve the audio capture problem with Nero.
raydog1
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:10 pm

Same Problem With ATI AIW 7500

Postby mjckjc on Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:40 pm

Nero Vision will not capture audio, I cannot even hear any audio while in the preview mode. I can capture and preview audio on the same system with my other programs MMC 8.5, MSP 7. WMM.

I have updated the patch Ahead put out on 8-2-03 but no luck with audio preview or capture.
mjckjc
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:34 pm

Re: Bugs in Nero 6.0.0.11

Postby kaikow on Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:13 pm

The problems I described below have been corrected by installing the lattest version of Easy Write Reader, tho I do not know why EWR should be relevant for reading CD-R media.

In any case, I still note the following:

1. I downloaded EasyWriteReader40014.exe today.

However, when installed, I find that version.dll is version 4.0.0.13, not 4.0.0.14. Confusing?

2. A CD-RW was formatted and written by Nero 5.5.10.42, InCD 3.5.24.0, EWR 1.0.1.0 system.

The media contains 1 file and is correctly read by EWR 1.0.1.0 in a CD-ROM drive.

On the same system, in a different boot partition, using Nero 6.0.0.11, InCD 4.0.1.21 and EWR 4.0.0.13/14, the file cannot be read, instead the files OpenHTML.exe, etc. are listed.

3. A CD-RW was formatted and written by Nero 5.5.10.42, InCD 3.5.24.0, EWR 1.0.1.0 system.

The media contains no files and is correctly read by EWR 1.0.1.0 in a CD-ROM drive.

On the same system, in a different boot partition, using Nero 6.0.0.11, InCD 4.0.1.21 and EWR 4.0.0.13/14, the files OpenHTNL.exe, etc. are listed.

4. Two CD-RW that were formatted by Roxio software, can be read in a CD-ROM drive using Nero 5.5.10.42, InCD 3.5.24.0, EWR 1.0.1.0 system.

On the same system, in a different boot partition, using Nero 6.0.0.11, InCD 4.0.1.21 and EWR 4.0.0.13/14, the media cannot be read and a request is issued to install the Roxio EWR.


So, it seems that the latest Ahead EWR cannot process media that could be processed by WER 1.0.1.0.

kaikow wrote:On a multiboot system, I've got Nero 5.5.10.42 in one Win 2000 (SP 4) partition and, today, installed Nero 6.0.0.11 in another Win 2000 (SP 4) partition.

CD-ROM is SCSI Plextor PX-32TSi
CD-RW is ATAPI Plextor PX-W4824TA

Two bugs with Nero 6.0.0.11:

1. Using a CD-R created with Nero on 20 June 2003, so I believe it was with Nero 5.5.10.35, Nero 6.0.0.11 cannot even mount the volume. Nero 5.5.10.42 has no problem mounting the CD-R

Inserting the volume in the CD-RW, the drive on which the CD-R was recorded, Nero's Info Tool 1.0.3.3 reports:

Type : Data CD (Mode 1)
Capacity : 00:18.42 (2 MB)
Tracks : 1
Sessions : 1
CD-R(W) Info : Mitsubishi, CD-R, 79:59.73

File System : ISO9660, Joliet, UDF
Title : NEROUDFISO
Date : 20 June 2003
Publisher : n/a
Application : NERO___BURNING_ROM

2. Using a 6 session CD-R created with Nero on various dates, Nero 6.0.0.11 mounts the 1st session. Nero 5.5.10.42 mounts the last session.

Inserting the volume in the, the drive on which the CD-R was recorded, Nero's Info Tool 1.0.3.3 reports:

Type : Data CD (Mode 1)
Capacity : 11:14.58 (98 MB)
Tracks : 6
Sessions : 6
CD-R(W) Info : Mitsubishi, CD-R, 79:59.73

File System : ISO9660, Joliet
Title : 20001130
Date : 30 November 2000
Publisher : n/a
Application : n/a

My recollection is that these bugs did not exist in Nero 6.0.0.9, but I'm not sure.
kaikow
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:05 pm

Re: Bugs in Nero 6.0.0.11

Postby kaikow on Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:33 pm

I found out why I had the earlier version of EWR installed.

It was due to the inadequate information provided at the Nero web site.

For example, if you go to the home page, then to the Site Map, and scroll down the list until you find EasyWrite Reader, you are taken to a link that results in downloading EasyWriteReader.exe, which is version 1.0.1.0. I really had no reason to search further.

Today, being a masochist, I did further searching, I found EasyWriteReader40014.exe, which has a DLL that is actually version 4.0.0.13.

It's OK to have multiple versions at the web/ftp site, but only if they are clearly identified as to version.

The web site needs a SINGLE place to look for CURRENT, and PREVIOUS, versions.

I would suggest that the right place would be on the SUPPOTR page, with a link to that place from at least the main Nero and Ahead web pages.

Not to mention, the Nero web site needs a Search engine to find files and knowledge base articles and tutorials.
kaikow
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:05 pm

Re: Bugs in Nero 6.0.0.11

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:03 pm

kaikow wrote:if you go to the home page, then to the Site Map, and scroll down the list until you find EasyWrite Reader, you are taken to a link that results in downloading EasyWriteReader.exe, which is version 1.0.1.0. I really had no reason to search further.

went there, the download button is for this link:
ftp://ftp6.nero.com/easywritereader.exe
downloaded it, this is EasyWriteReader version 3.3.2.0
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
User avatar
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:04 am
Location: Israel

Re: Bugs in Nero 6.0.0.11

Postby kaikow on Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:26 pm

Yes, but the DLL version is 1.0.1.0.
Using either numbering, it is still quite old.

dodecahedron wrote:
kaikow wrote:if you go to the home page, then to the Site Map, and scroll down the list until you find EasyWrite Reader, you are taken to a link that results in downloading EasyWriteReader.exe, which is version 1.0.1.0. I really had no reason to search further.

went there, the download button is for this link:
ftp://ftp6.nero.com/easywritereader.exe
downloaded it, this is EasyWriteReader version 3.3.2.0
kaikow
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:05 pm

Re: Same Problem With ATI AIW 7500

Postby raydog1 on Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:55 am

mjckjc wrote:Nero Vision will not capture audio, I cannot even hear any audio while in the preview mode. I can capture and preview audio on the same system with my other programs MMC 8.5, MSP 7. WMM.

I have updated the patch Ahead put out on 8-2-03 but no luck with audio preview or capture.



Ahead just shot me an email about this in response to mine. They said that it's a known bug that should be fixed in the next update. Keep up the good work Ahead! 8)
raydog1
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:10 pm


Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
All Content is Copyright (c) 2001-2017 CDRLabs Inc.