it's not very clear what you're trying to do
EEG161 wrote:Every time I try to make an .ISO or .ISO/UDF CDr
same goes for cfitz:
cfitz wrote:I was wondering whether you were copying simple files from your hard disc, from an original Windows CD, or trying to burn a pre-built image.
are you tring to burn an image file (a .iso file) to a CD, or trying to create a data CD, a standard data CD (= ISO 9660 data CD)?
i'm thinking the latter.
for me, on my winXP and Plex 40x, the following works without a hitch:
- File/Directory name length = ISO Level 2
- Format = Mode 1
- Character Set = ISO 9660
- Joliet = checked
- Relax ISO Restrictions - Allow pathdepth of more than 8 directories = checked
- Relax ISO Restrictions - Allow more than 255 characters in path both checked = checked
cfitz's suggestion is a good one - i do it all the time to work around the filename length limitation. create one big .zip (or .rar) of all the files you want to backup, something like backup.zip (if you want 8.3) or backup_20030321.rar (if longer names work for you, as they should), and burn just one file.
also be sure to:Multisession
- Multisession = No Multisession
- Action - Write = checked
- Action - Finalize CD = checked
- Write Method = Disc-At-Once
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
M.C. Escher - Reptilien