For me, I got the following:
- a weird but cool red stone figurine that a friend thought looked nifty and decided to buy me. A very original gift and pleasently random
- a self help / get rich quick style book, I get one every year from SOMEONE in my family... you think they're trying to tell me something?
- a book about all the influential people in the world who have been left handed (I'm left handed)
- a REALLY soft/fuzzy throw blanket.... it's very very comfortable!!
- a wonderful Christmas dinner from my mother
- $100 from my uncle (he always knows what I want )
- an R4 for my Nintendo DS
And I purchased for myself:
Kingston 2GB MicroSD Flash Card W/ MiniSD & Full Size SD Secure Digital Adapters
AMD Sempron 3000+ Barebone PC Kit W. 1GB RAM Motherboard Case 300W HSF *No Hard Drive* -UNASSEMBLED- which includes:
- 1 x Arctic Cooling Alpine 64 AM2 S754 S939 S940 2000RPM 36CFM Heatsink Fan
1 x Buffalo D2U667C-1G/BR 1GB PC2-5300 DDR2-667 CL5 240PIN DIMM Memory
1 x ECS GEFORCE6100SM-M2 V1.0A mATX AM2 GF6100 NF405 DDR2 PCI-E16 2PCI SATA2 Video Sound LAN Motherboard
1 x AMD Sempron 3000+ Processor Socket AM2 Manila 1.6GHZ 1600FSB 256KB L2 Cache 62W 90NM OEM No HSF
1 x Moneual Moncaso Dvt 201 G600 ATX Case 4X5.25 2X3.5 5X3.5INT 1X120MM No PS
1 x Moneual Moncaso PS1000-300W 300W ATX 24PIN Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan LED
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 3.5IN 500GB SATA2 8.5MS 7200RPM 32MB Cache NCQ Hard Drive, which includes
- 1 x FREE nGear SATA Serial ATA Hard Drive Data Cable 18 Inch 7 Pin
Microsoft Windows XP Professional OEM
nGear White Flash Card Reader USB2.0 SD/SDHC/SM/MMC/MS/XD MicroSD External
Gigabyte Radeon HD2400 XT PCI-E 256MB GDDR2 VGA DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out DIRECTX10 Video Card
JVC GR-D750U MiniDV Camcorder
I'm planning on turning the new PC into a video editing and home theatre system. It'll be hooked up to my 46" LCD HDTV, and I'll be picking up a wireless keyboard and mouse shortly, along with some decent video editing software.