Home News Reviews Forums Shop

CompUSA hot deals, 1/4-1/10/04 US

Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?

CompUSA hot deals, 1/4-1/10/04 US

Postby UALOneKPlus on Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:25 am

Print out ad here and bring to store to purchase:

CompUSA 802.11b wireless router $19.99 HOT Look ma, no rebates!!

Buffalo 802.11g wireless router$49.99 AMIR ($35 MIR) HOT

800 VA UPS by APC$99.99 HOT I have this UPS and I love it!! I paid $120 for it in November at Best Buy.
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby ZenMaster27 on Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:13 pm

No offense, but I don't think that $99.99 for that APC UPS is such a big deal. For the same price Costco has a Tripp-Lite 1000VA UPS available. I'm nearly certain that this is the one they carry:

http://www.tripplite.com/products/produ ... uctID=2656

Now I understand that Costco requires a paid membership whereas anyone can walk into CompUSA, but it's been my experience that many (most?) of Costco's regular prices are better than CompUSA's sale prices. The only exception is when CompUSA is looking to dump end-of-life products, which is about the only time CompUSA has REALLY good deals.

On a personal note, Costco's return policy is legendary, while CompUSA looks to charge you a 15% restocking fee wherever they can. Although it's true that the sales staff at Costco can't really answer technical questions, they don't pretend to be a "Computer SuperStore" ...... whereas the sales staff at CompUSA ranks among the most useless I've ever dealt with.

Just my two cents!!
ZenMaster27
Buffer Underrun

Postby UALOneKPlus on Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:03 pm

That's true. CostCo's policies are excellent!
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:14 pm

The other option is ebay or your local computer recycler for a new or used one. I bought a brand new Powerware 5115 1400 va from a auction that wasn't worded well. The guy just listed it and didn't give the sub model so it could have been any of about 5 big to small ones. I asked him which one and it turned out to be the biggest one they make in that line. His starting bid was 139 and that's what I got it for :) 156 to my door double boxed brand new. He had to honer the bid as he didn't set a reserve just the opening bid price. He never tried to get out of it, I thanked him for a smokin deal and we both got positive feedback.
Another e-bayer tried to get the same deal but he had changed his auctions so it had a reserve and like that with a better description and the guy managed to leave so much negative feedback somehow he lost his user name and disapeared, He had like 1500 almost all positive before that.
I also found a computer recycler guy that was selling used APC 1400's of varying types for as low as 40 bucks, less if they were broke. We bought several and made 3 or 4 good ones out of the extras. I did get a good one for myself so now I have two big UPS's for both machines here.
Both of these will run a full tower with everything and a 21 inch monitor for around a half an hour with good batteries.
The Costco one is a deal if you just want to walk in and walk out with one :)
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Return to Hot Deals