DVD-R /CD-RW Drive: Matshita CW-8122 / Driver version 5.1.2535.0
Since a full format and reinstall of my Win XP system I am having increasing problems with the Win XP CD-R burner which is competing with Nero express .
This is the sequence of operations:
- Open Nero Express.
- Insert CD-Rom (which was originally created with the same version of Nero express).
- Click on "create data disc" option. This should normally cause nero to scan the CD-R and display the files.
- However at this point the native Win XP burner kick in and takes over.
- Nero express hangs and I have to end the application (using Alt + Ctrl + Del.
- If i try to relaunch Nero Express it won't open and an error message tells me that another burner is using the drive
What's confusing is that I did not have this problem before I reformated / reinstalled the system.
How do I solve this problem so that Nero express is able to complete the CD reading / writing process without being interrupted.