I'm new here. This is my first post.
Can someone please put up their dvd-rom driver versions from Nero Info or help me with my problem?
Problem: DVD-Rom drive stops reading movie (pressed) DVD's after about 2Gb. Only tried store-bought movie DVD's that work in my set-top dvd player.
What I did: Upgraded Win98 to Win2kPro. DVD-Rom worked fine before the upgrade. Bought win2kpro (oem) brand new off ebay for $98+ship.
What I have:
- asus p4s8x (sis648)
- nvidia fx 5600 ultra
- windows 2000 professional
- Primary IDE: WD 40Gb (master), Seagate 120Gb (slave)
- Secondary IDE: Plextor CD-RW 4/8/32 (master), Pioneer dvr-105s (slave)
What I tried:
- tried ASPI 4.60 and 4.71.2
- updated ide drivers (from asus)
- updated pioneer firmware to 1.33
- checked IDE connections (didn't really have to since all I did was upgrade OS)
- checked jumpers (same thing, it all worked before)
- checked DMA settings (all are ok)
- tried different dvd's, all original disks (Matrix, Gladiator, Les Miserables, Finding Nemo)
- deleted pioneer dvd-rom and restart windows.
- did all of the windows updates.
- in WinDVD, player stops at around 60mins w/ no error msg.
- in PowerDVD 2.55, player stops at around 60mins and closes powerdvd window w/ no error msg.
- in windows explorer I can play the first 2GB of video files (in the VIDEO directory) using WinDVD but nothing beyond that. WinDVD says "Premature end of file" or it plays, gets the the same point in the movie then quits.
- Nvidia NVDVD does not even load up. Error: cannot connect to audio device.
- reinstalled win98 and the problems go away.
- formatted hard drive and reinstalled Win2kpro and problem is still there.
- no problems with dvd-rom reading CD's and CD-R's.
- Nero CD/DVDspeed can go through its whole test without any problems
Only thing I can think of is that the win2k disc I got was somehow corrupted but I see no scratches. All the drivers look ok as far as I can tell. Has anyone seen something like this before? Can anyone help me?