Home News Reviews Forums Shop


My experience with Easy CD Creator 6, EasyWrite, Nero 6,InCD

Easy Media Creator, Toast, RecordNow, MyDVD, WinOnCD, DLA, etc.

My experience with Easy CD Creator 6, EasyWrite, Nero 6,InCD

Postby spamnot on Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:43 pm

I was occasionally running Easy CD Creator 5.x and DirectCD under Windows XP Professional and it worked okay except for occasional glitches with DirectCD and CD-RW media.
I tried Easy CD Creator 6 and EasyWrite and applied the 6.0.2.4 patch.
The Easy CD Creator 6 worked a lot like Easy CD Creator 5.x.
EasyWrite seemed to about as reliable as DirectCD but the errors tend to crash (blue screen) Windows XP Professional.
EasyWrite formatted CD-RW requires an EasyWrite reader to be installed to be read in normal CD-ROM drives, just like UDF reader is required to read DirectCD formated CD-RW.
I uninstalled Easy CD Creator 6 and EasyWrite and they seem to uninstall properly.
I have installed Ahead Nero 6 and InCD 4.0.1.21 to compare my experiences.
Ahead Nero 6 gives no problems like Easy CD Creator.
InCD 4.0.1.21 seems to be a bit more reliable than DirectCD or EasyWrite and I have experienced no crashes with InCD 4.0.1.21 running under Windows XP Professional so far.
InCD formatted regular CD-RW media at around 503 MB while DirectCD and EasyWrite format the same media at around 533 MB but 30 MB difference is not a large issue for me.
spamnot
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:00 pm
Location: Fort Worth, Texas 76108, U.S.A.

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:53 pm

isn't the packet-writing software that comes with Easy CD Creator 6 called "DragToDisc", not "EasyWrite" ?
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
User avatar
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:04 am
Location: Israel

Postby CDRecorder on Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:08 pm

Thanks for the report, spamnot! :D It's good to hear about your experiences. I am surprised that you were having problems with DragToDisc and InCD; what recorder and discs are you using?

You're right, dodecahedron. DirectCD 5.3 displays the text "Easywrite" in the format dialog when it's using Mt. Rainier, and I would suspect that DragToDisc does the same.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder
 
Posts: 2335
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:28 pm

Re: My experience with Easy CD Creator 6, EasyWrite, Nero 6,

Postby kaikow on Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:36 pm

spamnot wrote:I was occasionally running Easy CD Creator 5.x and DirectCD under Windows XP Professional and it worked okay except for occasional glitches with DirectCD and CD-RW media.
I tried Easy CD Creator 6 and EasyWrite and applied the 6.0.2.4 patch.
The Easy CD Creator 6 worked a lot like Easy CD Creator 5.x.
EasyWrite seemed to about as reliable as DirectCD but the errors tend to crash (blue screen) Windows XP Professional.
EasyWrite formatted CD-RW requires an EasyWrite reader to be installed to be read in normal CD-ROM drives, just like UDF reader is required to read DirectCD formated CD-RW.
I uninstalled Easy CD Creator 6 and EasyWrite and they seem to uninstall properly.
I have installed Ahead Nero 6 and InCD 4.0.1.21 to compare my experiences.
Ahead Nero 6 gives no problems like Easy CD Creator.
InCD 4.0.1.21 seems to be a bit more reliable than DirectCD or EasyWrite and I have experienced no crashes with InCD 4.0.1.21 running under Windows XP Professional so far.
InCD formatted regular CD-RW media at around 503 MB while DirectCD and EasyWrite format the same media at around 533 MB but 30 MB difference is not a large issue for me.


InCD 4.* has a serious date bug, i.e., it changes the date when a file is copied to the CD.

A few weaks ago, Ahead stated that they were testing a fix, hopefully, will be in next InCD update, hopefully!
kaikow
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:05 pm

Postby dburg on Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:03 pm

That bug fix is included in InCD 4.0.5.03 (at least the fix for the timestamp error we could reproduce) - can you test it and confirm it works also fine for you Kaikow?
David Burg
Software Development, InCD Project Manager

Nero AG - Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad - Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299 http://www.nero.com
dburg
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:07 am
Location: Germany

Re: My experience with Easy CD Creator 6, EasyWrite, Nero 6,

Postby dburg on Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:07 pm

spamnot wrote:InCD formatted regular CD-RW media at around 503 MB while DirectCD and EasyWrite format the same media at around 533 MB but 30 MB difference is not a large issue for me.


Hum, it should not be different except if you format with different methods. Could it be that your device is Mount Rainier (MRW) capable? Then maybe you have a difference because InCD 4 formats with MRW by default and, I am not sure, but I think DirectCD does not.
David Burg
Software Development, InCD Project Manager

Nero AG - Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad - Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299 http://www.nero.com
dburg
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:07 am
Location: Germany

Postby CDRecorder on Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:13 pm

On one of my computers, I have DirectCD 5.3.5 and a Mt. Rainier-capable Lite-On LTR-48125W. DirectCD does format with Mt. Rainier by default; in fact, it won't let me format with UDF.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder
 
Posts: 2335
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:28 pm

Postby craiger on Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:59 pm

Does EZ CD Creaotr 6 come with a DVD Player so you can play feature films on your DVD-ROM drive? Thanks, Craig.
craiger
 

Re: My experience with Easy CD Creator 6, EasyWrite, Nero 6,

Postby Inertia on Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:50 am

dburg wrote:
spamnot wrote:InCD formatted regular CD-RW media at around 503 MB while DirectCD and EasyWrite format the same media at around 533 MB but 30 MB difference is not a large issue for me.


Hum, it should not be different except if you format with different methods. Could it be that your device is Mount Rainier (MRW) capable? Then maybe you have a difference because InCD 4 formats with MRW by default and, I am not sure, but I think DirectCD does not.


As I explained in the InCD 4.0.1.0 thread, there is no difference in the capacity of discs formatted by InCD and Roxio Drag-to- Disc. InCD uses the normal computer binary capacity using 1 KB = 1,024 bytes. With the new Drag-to-Disc, Roxio is cheating and using the decimal capacity system of 1 KB = 1,000 bytes which is used by hard drive manufacturers. The 527 MB formatted capacity reported by Roxio Drag-to-Disc is exactly the same as the 503 MB reported by InCD when both format 74 minute discs with Mt. Rainier.

When a Roxio formatted disc reports 533 MB capacity, this is probably the true binary capacity of a disc not formatted with Mt. Rainier. Drag-to-Disc may report this same disc as a decimal 559 MB (as explained in the linked thread).
Inertia
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 736
Joined: Sun May 19, 2002 5:22 pm

Re: My experience with Easy CD Creator 6, EasyWrite, Nero 6,

Postby kaikow on Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:49 pm

1 Sep 2003 release of InCD 4.0.5.3 may have fixed the date bug.

kaikow wrote:
spamnot wrote:I was occasionally running Easy CD Creator 5.x and DirectCD under Windows XP Professional and it worked okay except for occasional glitches with DirectCD and CD-RW media.
I tried Easy CD Creator 6 and EasyWrite and applied the 6.0.2.4 patch.
The Easy CD Creator 6 worked a lot like Easy CD Creator 5.x.
EasyWrite seemed to about as reliable as DirectCD but the errors tend to crash (blue screen) Windows XP Professional.
EasyWrite formatted CD-RW requires an EasyWrite reader to be installed to be read in normal CD-ROM drives, just like UDF reader is required to read DirectCD formated CD-RW.
I uninstalled Easy CD Creator 6 and EasyWrite and they seem to uninstall properly.
I have installed Ahead Nero 6 and InCD 4.0.1.21 to compare my experiences.
Ahead Nero 6 gives no problems like Easy CD Creator.
InCD 4.0.1.21 seems to be a bit more reliable than DirectCD or EasyWrite and I have experienced no crashes with InCD 4.0.1.21 running under Windows XP Professional so far.
InCD formatted regular CD-RW media at around 503 MB while DirectCD and EasyWrite format the same media at around 533 MB but 30 MB difference is not a large issue for me.


InCD 4.* has a serious date bug, i.e., it changes the date when a file is copied to the CD.

A few weaks ago, Ahead stated that they were testing a fix, hopefully, will be in next InCD update, hopefully!
kaikow
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:05 pm


Return to Sonic Solutions and Roxio

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

All Content is Copyright (c) 2001-2017 CDRLabs Inc.