Here is the mangled, machine translated version of the readme file:
LG's Read ME(kw).txt file wrote:Warning
This program use hour lower part contents or the README (win) which is explained.TXT it does not read a file well not to be, the defectiveness which gets with use immaturity is controlled compensation A/S certainly contents or README (win) lower part.TXT to read a file contents, after familiarizing it uses a use method and an attention fact it wishes. It is caused by with system over and firmware ep there is a case where becomes that RAID hour all the member nothing feeling. pe Certainly the necessary cold region to the transfer oneself, in system over it uses it wishes first it probably is not after inspecting. The reimport product users where the product label is English there is not it will be able to use. This program it will be able to register in the opening to the public data thread. When register this program in the opening to the public data thread, the shedding of blood it will be able to occur / against the problem of intangibility registration there is a responsibility which sleeps.
How are you.
This program the Windows firmware where from LG CD-RW of TRAY method Drive (GCE-8520B) the use is possible carries thu program 1.04 pe is before. Currently it has and firmware of the product pe the transfer 1.04 ramyon it carries thu the necessity which it will do it is not.
When the GCE-8520B104(kw).zip it executes, with lower part 2 files get together.
The GCE-8520B104(win).EXE <- firmware ep that RAID execution file
README (win).TXT <- explanation file (currently contents which is report)
* Use method
0. The CD-RW when there is a CD inside the Drive, it removes the CD. Future of the company tu it does not operate from the IDE pot of the card. In order to become, after connecting with an independence in SECONDARY MASTER, it uses.
1. When it released a compression file, READ ME.TXT file and GCE-8520B104(win).exe the file was included.
2. GCE-8520B104(win).exe file double it will grow, when lik it does, from the windows it carries thu it becomes at once with automatic movement.
3. The CD-RW the Drive whole surface non it peels, ppak and, after short time ep that RAID is over. 3. ep To after that RAID currently to indicate a condition it will be able to confirm a condition easily by the screen.
4. It carries thu for the use which is safe in after the window cu re-department thing use after.
* Attention fact
0. The CD-RW when there is a CD inside the Drive, ep that RAID well, it will not be able to become remove certainly.
1. Firmware ep to in that RAID absoluteness! All the member the OFF roll up the shock widely known in the product. The damage is a water shortage to the product. Detailed the fact where refers the menu el. (Firmware ep the case where has become the all the member nothing feeling in that RAID will go to the near LG Electronics service center and from the sword it will rake up, try to receive.
2. The case where the compatibility of system will fall with above with same method ep there is a possibility the case where does not become that RAID getting. Like this case refers and the menu el after setting it uses the device driver it wishes. (Use after GSCDROM.SYS setting)
3. LG when phul ley swi it uses the memory there is a different product by the pot which connects CD-RW Drive the possibility of getting up a collision it is like this case LG CD-RW DRIVE, after connecting ep it does that RAID with independence and it uses it wishes.
4. Future of the company tu firmware ep does not become that RAID from the condition which connects CD-RW DRIVE in the card. Like this case must use after connecting in the IDE pot of system.
As best as I can tell, it mostly appears to be standard recommendations, e.g. put the drive on its own IDE channel as the secondary master, don't have any disc in the drive while flashing, etc. It might also recommend using PIO mode, but I'm less sure about that. And it does say the upgrade can't be used with English labeled drives. I imagine that isn't actually true and this is just standard boilerplate (along with the advice to have the drive by itself as secondary master), but won't guarantee it. Of course, that bit about "shedding of blood" is somewhat worrisome...