Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Do folkes with Ahead still respond in this forum?

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Do folkes with Ahead still respond in this forum?

Postby Howard Kaikow on Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:27 pm

If so, I sure wonder why they have not responded to http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21510.
Howard Kaikow
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:42 pm

I haven't seen Craig on the forum in ages. I can't say I'm too surprised though. These days, very few people at Nero respond to my emails. :(
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Howard Kaikow on Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:01 pm

Ian wrote:I haven't seen Craig on the forum in ages. I can't say I'm too surprised though. These days, very few people at Nero respond to my emails. :(

I just sent two folkes at Ahead a message pointing to this thread.
Howard Kaikow
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:05 pm

Ahead has deteriorated a lot in the past year (or two?).

i think it's time for us to start looking for a new burning app to take it's place...
or just stick with Nero 6 as long as we can.

i really should find the time to try out burnatonce's DVD burning capability.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Howard Kaikow on Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:55 pm

dodecahedron wrote:Ahead has deteriorated a lot in the past year (or two?).

i think it's time for us to start looking for a new burning app to take it's place...
or just stick with Nero 6 as long as we can.

i really should find the time to try out burnatonce's DVD burning capability.

How can we stick with InCD if they do not even tell us why the update to InCD 4 increased so much in size?
Howard Kaikow
CD-RW Player

Postby Howard Kaikow on Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:02 pm

Ian wrote:I haven't seen Craig on the forum in ages. I can't say I'm too surprised though. These days, very few people at Nero respond to my emails. :(

Craig did post on 27 Feb 2006. See http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21202&highlight=
Howard Kaikow
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:33 pm

Well, that's almost a month and a half ago. To me, that's ages.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:40 pm

and that too was a single post since Feb 2.
a single post in two and a half months - you might as well say he isn't here anymore (it's not like he's absent because of some show, like he was in the past).
we can only hope it's temporary and he'll return.
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Ian on Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:29 pm

Keep in mind, Craig was posting here on his own time to try to help answer questions. It was never a permanent thing. I just hope that he's really busy and hasn't quit Nero. I wonder too if they told him not to post anywhere. :-?
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Howard Kaikow on Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:02 pm

Ian wrote:Keep in mind, Craig was posting here on his own time to try to help answer questions. It was never a permanent thing. I just hope that he's really busy and hasn't quit Nero. I wonder too if they told him not to post anywhere. :-?

An important criteria, at least to me, myself, I, we, and our ("MY GANG") own needs is the availability of a public forum in which the software manufacturer responds.

ALL companies do put constraints on their employees in participating in such forums. Anybody who has ever signed an employment agreement knows quite well that there is no such thing as an employee participating in ANY forum "on their own time" in an area related to the products of his/her company.

Roxio at least has its forums, and, by itself, that would make MY GANG prefer Roxio over Nero, unless I can find a demonstratable issue that affects MY GANG's use of a computer.

I have not been at all impressed with Ahead's handling of InCD 4, that's what caused me to use EMC 7 on my main OS on my multiboot system.

Looking at this forum, I get the impression that Nero 7 and/or InCD 5 might have significant issues. Ahead may need a management shake up.
Howard Kaikow
CD-RW Player

Postby tazdevl on Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:48 pm

Howard Kaikow wrote:I have not been at all impressed with Ahead's handling of InCD 4

InCD as a whole has been an unimpressive app since its inception, totally lacking in quality and execution from a development perspective. Not sure why you're waiting to be impressed nor do I understand why you would persist trying to use sub-optimal app in the first place.

He has been absent. Perhaps he's left Ahead.

With respect to a shakeup... I doubt our feedback would cause it. Ahead is milking the OEM Cash Cow so their ear is probably bent in another direction than ours.
RIG:
P4 2.6C, Thermalright SP94/Panaflo 92MM M1A, IC7 Max3, Swifty MCX159, 1GB Geil PC4000 Ultra Plat, Radeon 8500, Audigy 2, 2X WD Raptor RAID 0, WD 250GB SE, Plex 708A, 166SDVD, LianLi PC75, XP Pro.
tazdevl
CD-RW Player

Postby Howard Kaikow on Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:28 pm

tazdevl wrote:
Howard Kaikow wrote:I have not been at all impressed with Ahead's handling of InCD 4

InCD as a whole has been an unimpressive app since its inception, totally lacking in quality and execution from a development perspective. Not sure why you're waiting to be impressed nor do I understand why you would persist trying to use sub-optimal app in the first place.

He has been absent. Perhaps he's left Ahead.

With respect to a shakeup... I doubt our feedback would cause it. Ahead is milking the OEM Cash Cow so their ear is probably bent in another direction than ours.

InCD has definitely shown signs of very poor management and a flawed design/development process. Without a doubt, InCD is the worst piece of software I've ever had the misfortune to use.

The drive manufacturers OEM-ing the Ahead products are at least as much to blame. They could easily force the right thing to happen.

Of course, as I recall windoze Vista was supposed to include native support for packet-writing. If MSFT gets this right, once can hope, then InCD, Drag to Disk, etc. will not be needed.

Is InCD 5 as bad as InCD 4?

I care only because if I use Nero, I would have to use InCD.

Currently, I have a multiboot system wit Roxio on the main OS and Nero on another OS.

When I next buy/build a PC , I might choose to just move Nero to the new PC, or move Roxio and use Nero on the main OS on the old PC.
Howard Kaikow
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:24 pm

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, I'm still around. 8)

But I really have been very busy as of late and just have not been able to get around to monitoring the forums again. I keep saying I'll do it next week, but then next week is over before I know it.

I know our team is still monitoring this and other forums, as I see task entrys that indicate this. And today I'm finally getting caught up, since Germany is on vacation today and last Friday.

So I seriously hope I can attend this forum and others tomorrow to begin to catch up on issues being reported. I hope that most I find have already been resovled or is being looked into. :)

Regards,

Craig
Best Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:39 pm

hi Craig, good to see you're still around here.
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)