Home News Reviews Forums Shop

LG GCE 8400B -- speed issues

Burn baby burn!

Postby vqkin on Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:54 pm

Damned Windows Restore!!!!
vqkin
Buffer Underrun

Postby vqkin on Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:55 pm

I must say that i did actually even format both computers where said problem presented itself an it still wouldnt work
vqkin
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:41 am

vqkin wrote:Got a Good one for you. I bought the LG GCE-4800b and used it great for about a month on my home computer. After that time, it suddenly started recording slower than usual, going from 40x to 8x approximately. I didnt change the media or did nething weird on my computer. Thinking it was a defective drive, I bought a Plextor 48/24/48 and decided to take this one in for check up. I brought it into the office and one of mycoworkers suggested I try it on one of the computers at work. I did so not only in one but on 3 computers, using same programs and different ones to be sure. In every single one, it burned at the expected speed of 40x or 30+. Believing it now to be a problem with my home computer, I installed the drive on my work pc and started using it for some time. It was working great. Using any sort of media I burned at around 30-40x, nething under 3:00 mins. I was greatly satisfied and just about to regret having bought the Plextor. Just 2 days ago, about one month since I installed it on my computer, the damned thing started presenting the exact same problem of recording slowly. Using the same media that I used to burn about 60 CDs. (Benq by the way 48X certified since i got the Plextor). All of a sudden, nothing having changed, not even rebooting the computer or anything I'm back to 8-12x recording. Any ideas, comments ?

sounds like DMA.
make sure DMA is activated.
read the previous posts in this thread.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Previous

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives