Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Has anyone tried updating to Nero 7.0.1.2 from 7.0?

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Has anyone tried updating to Nero 7.0.1.2 from 7.0?

Postby edelbeb on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:06 am

I tried, and it did not work! The incremental update function is broken, eventually leading to an "MsiStart.exe had a problem ..." screen. Maybe Nero doesn't have the incremental updates in place yet. Regardless of the reason, it's a shoddy job by Nero.

I then downloaded the 100MB update file. Running the update resulted in a message that I needed to uninstall my older version 7 trial version. I have a registered retail box version 7, not a trial version, and the serial number shows in the Nero Product Center of the retail box version. Once again, a shoddy job by Nero.

So, I uninstalled my version 7 retail box product and installed the update. The update installed, but, when I directed Nero to install to my "E:" partition, rather than the "C:" partition it defaults to, Nero insisted on installing to a "...Nero\Nero 7\Nero 7\..." folder, i.e., no matter what I did, Nero's install insisted on adding a duplicate and embedded Nero 7 folder, no matter where I tried to direct the program to install. The duplicate Nero 7 folder did not appear until I requested that Nero install to something other than the "C:" partition.

Eventually, I decided to live with the extra Nero folder. After the install, the Nero 7 "update" picked up my serial number, but insisted on calling itself a trial version. At that point, I gave up, and reverted to the original retail box version of Nero 7.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Nero and Nero 7 fan, but Nero needs to take greater care to prevent these annoying glitches from happening.
edelbeb
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)