Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Have Run into a problem with DLA 4.95-5.20 any ideas? BSODS

Easy Media Creator, Toast, RecordNow, MyDVD, WinOnCD, DLA, etc.

Have Run into a problem with DLA 4.95-5.20 any ideas? BSODS

Postby delusionaltool on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:46 pm

Im a computer tech support rep for matco tools. Most of our distributors use ibm thinkpad laptops from the a31-t61 series. We have our own POS system for distributors to do there business. When they close out alot use cdrws. We direct write to the cd using the installed packet writing software sonic/roxio DLA 4.95-5.20 versions. The problem has been lately that as soon as a backup is made with the packet writing software the cd drive will wind down and the backup is complete, they will eject the cd and get a BSOD as soon as the cd drive opens.

We believe the problems lies with the DLA software, is there some sort of verification process that runs after a backup is made with it? Is there anyone else with the problem, we have about 10 distributors having the same problem, for now the work around is to have them backup to usb flash drives.
delusionaltool
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:18 pm

I've been using those versions of DLA for awhile and I haven't run into those problems (yet). I'd set it so that when it blue screens, it creates a small memory dump. You can then use Microsoft's debugger to see what exactly is causing the problem.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Return to Sonic Solutions and Roxio