Home News Reviews Forums Shop

In House Review - Memorex TravelDrive And Mini TravelDrive

CPU's? Motherboards? Video cards? Talk about it here.

In House Review - Memorex TravelDrive And Mini TravelDrive

Postby Ian on Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:21 pm

For a change of pace, CDRLabs has taken a look at a couple of Memorex's USB flash drives. The TravelDrive And Mini TravelDrive both feature a slim, ergonomic design, pen-like cap and cool looking blue LED. In this review we take a look at some of the features found on the TravelDrive and Mini TravelDrive and then see how they perform. Are they the right choice for you? You'll have to read the review to find out.

[url=http://www.cdrlabs.com/articles/index.php?articleid=36]Image
Memorex TravelDrive And Mini TravelDrive[/url]

If you have any comments or questions about this review or Memorex's USB flash drives, please post them in the forum by clicking the link below.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby LoneWolf on Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:01 am

Good review, Ian.

Personally, I'm looking at the Lexar JumpDrive Lightning 2GB and the SanDisk Cruzer Titanium 2GB. Both are nearly indestructible (metal casings) and pretty fast. The Lightning is especially fast and has a lifetime warranty, but I'm tired of removable caps that are easy to lose (if the drive included a small chain to bond the cap to the drive, it'd be my first pick). The SanDisk is slightly slower on reads/writes and I think its warranty is shorter, but the USB connector retracts into the drive kind of like a ball point pen (there's a slider button on the side of the drive). For both, their loop that fits the drive to a keychain/lanyard is also metal, so it isn't likely to break. Both run approximately $85 mail order.

Now I just need to decide which one. :roll:
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Return to General Hardware Discussion