Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Lost tracks on Burned CD

Anything else

Lost tracks on Burned CD

Postby thinboy1 on Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:16 am

Has this happened to anybody else? I burned a music CD that contained 17 tracks. I've never had any problems playing it in my home or car CD player. However, I had a rental this week and I played the CD and noticed that 10 of the tracks mysteriously vanished. I brought it home and played it on other CD players and sure enough the same thing happened. Flipping it over, I can see that the tracks were losted. There doesn't appear to be any damage on the back like scratches. I do keep the CD in my car and the weather is typically in the 70-80s, which I would consider normal. Would this have any effect on it or do you think the rental car's CD player damaged or erased the tracks?
thinboy1
Buffer Underrun

Postby Matt on Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:37 am

If you put the disc in your computer, what's it see in terms of the number of readable tracks? If the full number, are they all playable in your cd-rom/dvd-rom?
Matt
CD-RW Player

Postby PadG on Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:29 am

Keep in mind also that strong lights (direct sunlight) may be able to damage the dye!
What is this life, if full of cares...
PadG
Buffer Underrun

Lost data

Postby thinboy1 on Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:21 am

When I tried to play in on my computer DVD, CD burner, or my portable CD player, it still listed 7 tracks instead of 17 tracks. I used the Nero software for burning if this makes any difference.

As for sunlight, I usually store my CDs away from direct sunlight - below the seat or in one of the side door pockets. :o
thinboy1
Buffer Underrun

Return to General Software Questions