Home News Reviews Forums Shop


Meritline TY 100 Spindle - RMA Test

Burn baby burn!

Meritline TY 100 Spindle - RMA Test

Postby hoxlund on Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:09 am

Just wanna let everyone know what happened with meritline, this is my first time getting cd-r media from them, bought a 100 spindle of TY cd-rs

only 2 outta the first 10 finished burning

i tried burning stuff in all 3 of my cd burners:

Yamaha CRW-F1E External
Plextor Premium (External Case)
Pioneer DVR-107D

it locked in all of them, burned 2 succesfully in Yamaha and Plextor

let's test out there RMA Return Refund service
Fractal Design Define R5 White Window Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X99A XPower AC USB 3.1 Motherboard
Intel i7-5930K CPU @ 4.8GHz
Corsair H100i GTX 240mm CPU Cooler
Mushkin Blackline 4x8GB DDR4 2400 Memory
Asus 980Ti Strix OC
User avatar
hoxlund
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 12:55 am
Location: RAF Lakenheath / Suffolk United Kingdom

Postby CowboySlim on Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:14 am

Great exit line, hox!

Slim
User avatar
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:58 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Postby BurninMan921 on Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:23 am

Sorry to hear that :(

I ordered two spindles of those from them awhile ago, and other than the stupid HD-BURN failures (which I blame on the drive rather than the media), they all burned fine.
Soon to be proud user of Mandrake 10 (again!). SuSE 9 sucks!
User avatar
BurninMan921
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:51 am
Location: MFZ (Microsoft Free Zone)

Postby Infinity on Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:28 am

Be interesting to see how your RMA goes. I personally have never had to do an RMA with meritline, and have been mostly pleased with their service. I know you too have had postitive results with them. But I've also heard horror stories from others regarding their Customer Service, or lack of it. Let us know how it goes. :)
User avatar
Infinity
CD-RW Thug
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat May 12, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby dolphinius_rex on Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:44 am

I wonder how many times those spindles had already been RMA'd?
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby aviationwiz on Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:47 am

Another Futurama fan! Neat! Season 3 comes out Tuesday :)
User avatar
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Home of the Red Tail

Postby BurninMan921 on Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:17 am

Cool! :)
Soon to be proud user of Mandrake 10 (again!). SuSE 9 sucks!
User avatar
BurninMan921
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:51 am
Location: MFZ (Microsoft Free Zone)

Postby rdgrimes on Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:33 am

Meritline really sucks for service. You have to keep trying till you get someone who knows what they're doing. Good Luck, and try http://www.accaproducts.com/ next time, you'll be glad you did.
rdgrimes
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:27 pm
Location: New Mexico, USA

Postby aviationwiz on Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:42 pm

rdgrimes,

I'd give them a shot with G04's, but you have to buy then in 25 packs (rip-off) or for a good price, 100 packs. I only buy 50 at a time, and $92 is too much to shell out at one time for media. Inkjet Printable G04's that is.
User avatar
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Home of the Red Tail

Postby hoxlund on Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:55 pm

rdgrimes wrote:Meritline really sucks for service. You have to keep trying till you get someone who knows what they're doing. Good Luck, and try http://www.accaproducts.com/ next time, you'll be glad you did.


I'll try them for CD-r, but not dvd-r, not when i get them about $10 cheaper somewhere else
Fractal Design Define R5 White Window Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X99A XPower AC USB 3.1 Motherboard
Intel i7-5930K CPU @ 4.8GHz
Corsair H100i GTX 240mm CPU Cooler
Mushkin Blackline 4x8GB DDR4 2400 Memory
Asus 980Ti Strix OC
User avatar
hoxlund
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 12:55 am
Location: RAF Lakenheath / Suffolk United Kingdom

Postby rdgrimes on Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:28 pm

Persoanlly, I don't understand the obsession with getting the best price. As a business person, I know the value of good service. If I have to spend my time screwing with the company to get them to do their job, then their lower price is worthless to me.The costs of phone calls, missed deliveries and shoddy product are very real.
rdgrimes
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:27 pm
Location: New Mexico, USA

Postby hoxlund on Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:31 pm

well mainly, ive never been burned on dvd media from meritline, thats why i keep going back to them for it
Fractal Design Define R5 White Window Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X99A XPower AC USB 3.1 Motherboard
Intel i7-5930K CPU @ 4.8GHz
Corsair H100i GTX 240mm CPU Cooler
Mushkin Blackline 4x8GB DDR4 2400 Memory
Asus 980Ti Strix OC
User avatar
hoxlund
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 12:55 am
Location: RAF Lakenheath / Suffolk United Kingdom

Postby aviationwiz on Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:11 am

rdgrimes wrote:Persoanlly, I don't understand the obsession with getting the best price. As a business person, I know the value of good service. If I have to spend my time screwing with the company to get them to do their job, then their lower price is worthless to me.The costs of phone calls, missed deliveries and shoddy product are very real.


Yes sir, very fair. I can most certaintly understand, being very pro Labor and pro Union. To put it short, and bring it to a subject we can all pretty much bring something to: If you go through a company that is in the Union vs one that is not in the Union, you may pay more, but the employees you deal with are going to be making more money, which means they will be happier, and the better chance you get for a good transaction/expirience. I can apply that to FedEx, Airborne, etc. (non-union) vs UPS (union) quite well.
User avatar
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Home of the Red Tail

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:18 am

aviationwiz wrote:
rdgrimes wrote:Persoanlly, I don't understand the obsession with getting the best price. As a business person, I know the value of good service. If I have to spend my time screwing with the company to get them to do their job, then their lower price is worthless to me.The costs of phone calls, missed deliveries and shoddy product are very real.


Yes sir, very fair. I can most certaintly understand, being very pro Labor and pro Union. To put it short, and bring it to a subject we can all pretty much bring something to: If you go through a company that is in the Union vs one that is not in the Union, you may pay more, but the employees you deal with are going to be making more money, which means they will be happier, and the better chance you get for a good transaction/expirience. I can apply that to FedEx, Airborne, etc. (non-union) vs UPS (union) quite well.


I agree completely! I'd rather pay a little more mone, and be sure of the product and service, then pay less and take a risk. That is why I no longer use Canada Post!!!
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby hoxlund on Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:20 am

i gave up on canada post a few months ago ;) j/k
Fractal Design Define R5 White Window Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X99A XPower AC USB 3.1 Motherboard
Intel i7-5930K CPU @ 4.8GHz
Corsair H100i GTX 240mm CPU Cooler
Mushkin Blackline 4x8GB DDR4 2400 Memory
Asus 980Ti Strix OC
User avatar
hoxlund
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 12:55 am
Location: RAF Lakenheath / Suffolk United Kingdom

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:14 am

Someone contacted me through my webpage, and told me that they had gotten some Taiyo Yuden white inkjet printable CD-Rs, and that the tops all came off of them when he mailed them (or something like that)... I asked him if he bought them from meritline.com because of this post here.... I'm still waiting for the response. I've never heard of discs having their tops "pop" off like that... even really crappy discs!
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby aviationwiz on Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:49 am

dolphinius_rex wrote:Someone contacted me through my webpage, and told me that they had gotten some Taiyo Yuden white inkjet printable CD-Rs, and that the tops all came off of them when he mailed them (or something like that)... I asked him if he bought them from meritline.com because of this post here.... I'm still waiting for the response. I've never heard of discs having their tops "pop" off like that... even really crappy discs!


That makes me feel just plain excellent about buying white inkjet printables from meritline! :(

Please, post his response.
User avatar
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Home of the Red Tail

Postby Infinity on Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:58 pm

So how went the RMA?
User avatar
Infinity
CD-RW Thug
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat May 12, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby hoxlund on Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:59 pm

i just kept them, they turned out to be just fine
Fractal Design Define R5 White Window Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X99A XPower AC USB 3.1 Motherboard
Intel i7-5930K CPU @ 4.8GHz
Corsair H100i GTX 240mm CPU Cooler
Mushkin Blackline 4x8GB DDR4 2400 Memory
Asus 980Ti Strix OC
User avatar
hoxlund
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 12:55 am
Location: RAF Lakenheath / Suffolk United Kingdom


Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

All Content is Copyright (c) 2001-2017 CDRLabs Inc.