Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Mind of Mencia

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Mind of Mencia

Postby Ian on Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:54 pm

Has anyone else been watching Carlos Mencia's new show, Mind of Mencia?

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/mind ... ndex.jhtml

I was kinda sad when he took Chappelle's time slot on Comedy Central, but Carlos is funny as hell. My wife even likes watching him.

The funniest stuff he's done is probably those Iraqi commercials for stuff like Verizon and Chili's.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Dan on Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:46 pm

I haven't seen it yet, but then again Canada is always a season behind anyways it seems. :evil:
$> cd /pub
$> more beer
Dan
CD-RW Thug

Postby smartin4 on Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:24 am

He is pretty funny, I have been watching since the shpw debuted. I liked the 1st episodes opening:

Looked like the same set as Chapeele's opening, white background, etc, except there was a mariachi band playing!!!!

I also like the fact that he is not afraid to go after anyone. Every ethnic group is open to his jokes, he even pokes fun at the "beaners" & "wetbacks".

Hilarious.

I liked when he went and did the desperate gardeners thing and this past episode where he went on the street to find out why people aren't working. He was yelling at people through a meaphone saying things like "Hey loser, get a job" or "hey why are you people in theat apartment building sleeping, wake up and go get a job".

THe Sean Juan fashion show was good too.
smartin4
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:31 am

Carlos has too much funny material, I'm having a hard time recounting all the great stuff! I love Carlos and I love his show! If you haven't yet, watch his Comedy Central Presents episode or his HBO Comedy Half Hour special. Excellent all around!

Laughs per episode: Carlos tops Chappelle.

Mencia also has a serious side to him (i.e. his "everyone should lighten up and laugh" side). Chappelle's all about the crack and marijuana. :P
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby smartin4 on Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:17 pm

I also crack up when he does "Why the F#@k is this news!!??"
smartin4
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden