I also installed WMP 9 just before noticing this problem. Roxio suggested that I do a clean uninstall/reinstall of ECDC. Everything was fine (even with WMP 9 still on my system) until I installed the ECDC 126.96.36.199 update. The 188.8.131.52b update is only a minor update that adds support for some new drives. It is available as a separate download and is not likely to be the culprit here. At this point, I have been unable to get any additional info/support from Roxio. There are numerous posts about this problem on the Roxio Discussion Boards, unfortunately Roxio doesn't staff their own discussion boards. Smells like an unintended new "feature" to use MS terminology!