Home News Reviews Forums Shop


More Info Released on Nero 6.0

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Postby CCampbell on Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:42 pm

Hi Believe cfitz has summed it up pretty well.

There are reasons why there is a difference between the European model and the US model, and this is of course decided on by the sales team.

They have their reasons and they are valid, but I can not go into them over this forum of course. :roll:

But the Users have the right to make their decisions on what they wish or do not wish to pay for. But I think once everyone has seen what is offered, as compared with other programs they could purchase for the same price or more, they will still make the decision to go with the Nero 6 Ultra edition. :D

For my own personal opinion, knowing fully what all is available on the Market, I would. :)


Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2002 9:27 pm
Location: Glendale, CA

Postby ramlin on Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:52 am

Craig,
Three questions regarding Nero 6.
First, does the product include all the plug ins, which currently have to be paid for as extra add ons (eg the MPEG 2 svcd and dvd plug ins the MPEG 3 and 3Pro plug ins and the MPEG 4 plug in), or otherwise has the functionality of those plug ins, on an unrestricted basis, been included - or will we have to pay extra?
Second. I just bought a new computer (yipee) bundled with an asus cdrw which came with the latest OEM Nero Express - are there any uprgade prices for people who have this software or will I have to lay out the full whack?
Third, if, as I do, I live outside the US, could I still download the ultra version of Nero and pay the $10 extra (and likewise, if I lived in the US could I save myself $10 and download the European version?)
Many thanks
Clifford
ramlin
CD-RW Thug
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:00 am
Location: Neither here nor there

Re: Upgrade

Postby rmunde on Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:47 am

I think you do need to talk about this. Buyers and upgraders in the US and Canada are being charged an additional fee for software they may not want or need. At least give us the option, as in the rest of the world, of purchasing Nero Mix or not. I am a loyal Nero customer, but this seems discriminatory and pisses me off!

ueberlein wrote:Hi everyone,
We want people to continue using Nero and with all the features and functionalities added to the Nero 6 Ultra Edition and Nero 6, we believe the pricing is very attractive..

I also do not want to talk about what the difference is between Nero 6 UE and Nero 6. I would prefer to talk about what is new in Nero 6 as that is I think the main interest at this point. Thank you for your understanding! :D

Thank you everyone for your interest and have a great weekend.
I am signing off on this thread for now.
Best regards
AHEAD SOFTWARE INC.
Udo Eberlein
Abit IC-7 MAX 3 mb, P4 3 GHz (800 FSB), 2 GB RAM, 200+ GB hard drive space, 550 watt Antec Truepower PS, ATI Radeon 8500 AIW, Audigy 2 Platinum Pro ZS, Adaptec 2940UW, Sony DRU500A, Plex Premium, Toshiba SD-M1612-S, Plex PX-40TS, Win XP Pro.
rmunde
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Southern Cal

Postby dodecahedron on Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:47 am

the reverse can be argued for the rest of the world:
we don't get $50 worth of software (NeroMIX) for $10/$20, even if we want it. so it's us being discriminated against... :o
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
User avatar
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:04 am
Location: Israel

Postby cfitz on Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:19 pm

Some in North America will say "Nero Mix?!? I'll never use that. What a ripoff! I don't want to pay $20 more for something I don't need and won't use." And some outside of North America will say "What?!? No Nero Mix? That's a great product. Why can't I get it for only $10 more like the North Americans? What a ripoff!"

Didn't take too long for examples of both... :lol: :lol: :lol:

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon
 
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:44 am

Postby CCampbell on Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:20 pm

ramlin wrote:Craig,
Three questions regarding Nero 6.
First, does the product include all the plug ins, which currently have to be paid for as extra add ons (eg the MPEG 2 svcd and dvd plug ins the MPEG 3 and 3Pro plug ins and the MPEG 4 plug in), or otherwise has the functionality of those plug ins, on an unrestricted basis, been included - or will we have to pay extra?
Second. I just bought a new computer (yipee) bundled with an asus cdrw which came with the latest OEM Nero Express - are there any uprgade prices for people who have this software or will I have to lay out the full whack?
Third, if, as I do, I live outside the US, could I still download the ultra version of Nero and pay the $10 extra (and likewise, if I lived in the US could I save myself $10 and download the European version?)
Many thanks
Clifford


The Retail product does indeed include all plugins except for MP3 audio. So you do get the MP4 Audio/Video Plugin, as well as the MPEG2/DVD encoder. Due to license cost for MP3, we can not include this plugin. Not without raising the price of our Retail bundle significantly.

All OEM Bundles can be upgraded to Nero 6 for $49.99 in the USA/Canada/Mexico markets, and $39.99 for European markets.

An only those in the USA/Canada/Mexico can get the Ultra Edition. And only those in Europe can download the European version of Nero 6.

Sorry, but this is set up this way due to marketing considerations.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2002 9:27 pm
Location: Glendale, CA

Postby CCampbell on Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:38 pm

Bottom line here is that we had to do this due to certain marketing issues. I can not go into what these issues are, but from a buisness model perspective, it is very critical and must be done.

We knew from the begining that this would upset some users, and to try and curtail this or offset this to some degree we made both bundles as full featured as possible. So that paying the extra cost for Nero Ultra Edition would still be better than paying for competitors products that are not as fully featured. At the same time those who could not obtain the Ultra Edition software we hoped would look at it as a savings.

I know no matter how you spin it, some will not be happy with the solutions we have provided. We are sorry of course, but we have no other options but to do it in the fashion. And again, it all comes down to marketing considerations.


Best Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2002 9:27 pm
Location: Glendale, CA

Postby rmunde on Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:50 pm

This is like saying "on the advice of my lawyer" a phrase meant to cover a myriad of sins.

CCampbell wrote:
ramlin wrote:Craig,
Sorry, but this is set up this way due to marketing considerations.

Regards,

Craig
Abit IC-7 MAX 3 mb, P4 3 GHz (800 FSB), 2 GB RAM, 200+ GB hard drive space, 550 watt Antec Truepower PS, ATI Radeon 8500 AIW, Audigy 2 Platinum Pro ZS, Adaptec 2940UW, Sony DRU500A, Plex Premium, Toshiba SD-M1612-S, Plex PX-40TS, Win XP Pro.
rmunde
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Southern Cal

Postby rmunde on Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:53 pm

Agreed. It's discriminatory all the way round.

dodecahedron wrote:the reverse can be argued for the rest of the world:
we don't get $50 worth of software (NeroMIX) for $10/$20, even if we want it. so it's us being discriminated against... :o
Abit IC-7 MAX 3 mb, P4 3 GHz (800 FSB), 2 GB RAM, 200+ GB hard drive space, 550 watt Antec Truepower PS, ATI Radeon 8500 AIW, Audigy 2 Platinum Pro ZS, Adaptec 2940UW, Sony DRU500A, Plex Premium, Toshiba SD-M1612-S, Plex PX-40TS, Win XP Pro.
rmunde
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Southern Cal

Postby CowboySlim on Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:54 pm

I know no matter how you spin it, some will not be happy with the solutions we have provided. We are sorry of course, but we have no other options but to do it in the fashion. And again, it all comes down to marketing considerations.


Hopefully, your success with respect to market share will stop just short of the trip wire that will set the dogs of the FTC off on you as they went after Microsoft. :wink:

Slim
User avatar
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:58 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Postby ramlin on Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:04 am

CCampbell wrote: All OEM Bundles can be upgraded to Nero 6 for $49.99 in the USA/Canada/Mexico markets, and $39.99 for European markets.


Craig,
So that I'm absolutely clear about this, I'll be able to upgrade my Nero Express (OEM version bundled with my new Asus cd-rw) to the full Nero 6 for $39.99 or $49.99 depending on where I live? Please let me know. Many thanks.

CCampbell wrote:
Due to license cost for MP3, we can not include this plugin. Not without raising the price of our Retail bundle significantly.


Is there anyway you can incorporate Lame into Nero as the MP3 encoder? (it wouldn't increase costs and is an excellent encoder).

CCampbell wrote:
An only those in the USA/Canada/Mexico can get the Ultra Edition. And only those in Europe can download the European version of Nero 6.


Could you ask your marketing people to view some of the responses from this site - maybe they will change their mind and treat everyone equally and take into account "consumer choice".

Regards,
Clifford
ramlin
CD-RW Thug
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:00 am
Location: Neither here nor there

Postby CCampbell on Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:57 am

Hi Ramlin,

Yes, anyone with Nero 5.5 OEM or Retail version can upgrade to Nero 6 for $39.99 or $49.99 respective to where they live.

And we have of course brought this debate to the proper parties in our corporation. But I can not promise this will make them change their minds, as I am sure they have already weighed customer response.

However, we and they are listening, so never rule anything out.
:) But at this time no changes are planned.
Best Regards,


Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2002 9:27 pm
Location: Glendale, CA

Postby ramlin on Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:19 pm

CCampbell wrote:Yes, anyone with Nero 5.5 OEM or Retail version can upgrade to Nero 6 for $39.99 or $49.99 respective to where they live.


Craig,
Thanks for responding, please note that I have Cd rom which, on its cover (ie on the cd rom itself), says "Nero 5 Burning Rom" then on the left side, in black lettering, "DO22 V5.5.92" and below that "Nero Express". (The version on my pc has been subsequently, from the net presumably by the supplier of my pc, updated to 5.5.10.28). Below that, on the cd it is written "Nero Express" . On the bottom part of the cd it is written "ASUS" - will I still be entitled to the upgrade?
Thanks,
Clifford
ramlin
CD-RW Thug
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:00 am
Location: Neither here nor there

Postby UALOneKPlus on Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:33 am

All I can say is that having used a new DVD burner, a new Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz PC, I am still somewhat disappointed in the capabilites of the current software that I have.

If Nero 6 can do everything that has been promised, the $49 upgrade will seem like a gift!!!
User avatar
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:28 am

Postby tazdevl on Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:21 pm

Craig,

One other question... will there be a need to buy plugins with Nero 6.0 or will plugins from 5.5 work?
RIG:
P4 2.6C, Thermalright SP94/Panaflo 92MM M1A, IC7 Max3, Swifty MCX159, 1GB Geil PC4000 Ultra Plat, Radeon 8500, Audigy 2, 2X WD Raptor RAID 0, WD 250GB SE, Plex 708A, 166SDVD, LianLi PC75, XP Pro.
User avatar
tazdevl
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 11:03 pm

Postby CCampbell on Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:07 pm

tazdevl wrote:Craig,

One other question... will there be a need to buy plugins with Nero 6.0 or will plugins from 5.5 work?


Plugins remain the same. So yes, those purchased for Nero 5.5 will work for Nero 6.0.

And as mentioned, when you purchase the upgrade to Retail Nero 6, you get all the plugins except for MP3 with the upgrade.

And Ramlin, Yes, ANY OEM bundle can be upgraded to Nero 6 for $39.99 or $49.99

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2002 9:27 pm
Location: Glendale, CA

Postby CCampbell on Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:09 pm

UALOneKPlus wrote:All I can say is that having used a new DVD burner, a new Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz PC, I am still somewhat disappointed in the capabilites of the current software that I have.

If Nero 6 can do everything that has been promised, the $49 upgrade will seem like a gift!!!


I would strongly suggest everyone first test with the Nero 6 Demo before they make any purchase. It's always best to test drive before you buy. :lol:

And I believe we will be providing a 30 trial of our MPEG Encoder as well so you can fully test the Nero Vision Express 2 editing and exporting capabilities.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2002 9:27 pm
Location: Glendale, CA

Postby tazdevl on Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:40 pm

CCampbell wrote:
tazdevl wrote:Craig,

One other question... will there be a need to buy plugins with Nero 6.0 or will plugins from 5.5 work?


Plugins remain the same. So yes, those purchased for Nero 5.5 will work for Nero 6.0.

And as mentioned, when you purchase the upgrade to Retail Nero 6, you get all the plugins except for MP3 with the upgrade.

And Ramlin, Yes, ANY OEM bundle can be upgraded to Nero 6 for $39.99 or $49.99

Regards,

Craig


LOL thanks craig... sorry for the dup. I'm going to blame the smoke from the fires in AZ that are obscuring my monitor. :D
RIG:
P4 2.6C, Thermalright SP94/Panaflo 92MM M1A, IC7 Max3, Swifty MCX159, 1GB Geil PC4000 Ultra Plat, Radeon 8500, Audigy 2, 2X WD Raptor RAID 0, WD 250GB SE, Plex 708A, 166SDVD, LianLi PC75, XP Pro.
User avatar
tazdevl
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 11:03 pm

Postby UALOneKPlus on Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:23 am

Thanks Craig. That's a great idea.

I have Sonic myDVD 4.0 w/ my DVD writer, but I've read just horrible reviews about it, so it's going to stay unused.

I love the Nero 5.5 that I've got, and can't wait til July 18th to get ahold of 6.0 to try out!

I'm glad I'm able to hold off purchasing other software and save some $$$.

CCampbell wrote:I would strongly suggest everyone first test with the Nero 6 Demo before they make any purchase. It's always best to test drive before you buy. :lol:

And I believe we will be providing a 30 trial of our MPEG Encoder as well so you can fully test the Nero Vision Express 2 editing and exporting capabilities.

Regards,

Craig
User avatar
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:28 am

Previous

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

All Content is Copyright (c) 2001-2017 CDRLabs Inc.