Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero burn...assistance please...

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero burn...assistance please...

Postby derbim on Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:26 pm

this sort of difficulty has been posted before I think, but I am not certain how it finally got resolved.
Equip: Nero 5.5.9.13 under XP SP1. I gig ram. DVD=JLMS DVD Rom LTD 1666; CD=Lite-on TTR-48246s. I have been using this set up for about 2 years. Copied lots of audio CD's, both total CD copy and compliation from tracks from several. Work(s) (ed) just fine.

Suddenly.....two types of errors....

1. About 40 minutes of music into compilation.....machine freezes. No task manager, no nothing. Hard reboot necessary, work lost.
2. Completely finish a compilation from many audio CDs.....go to create image or burn CD......error message says : error reading data or burn process failed, or SCSI not using temporary buffers, 20 out of 20 temporary buffers allocated. A new file is then created in the cache file directory....something along the lines of NER348873.wav. It contains about one or two of the tracks.

So what gives? About the only software change since last compilation has been installiing spybot S&D 1.3. NO other changes to drivers, applications, etc.

I tried a complete uninstall of Nero, and it re-installed ok. Problem does not change.

A while ago some others had posted nearly the same problem....and advice was offered up to change drivers, cleanse registry......but I don't see from the archives if these actions solved the problem. AND....what IS the problem?.

Your knowledge, insight, and assistance would be appreciated.

derbim
derbim
derbim
Buffer Underrun

problem solved....

Postby derbim on Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:53 pm

downloaded and upgraded to 5.5.10.56.

Burned several compilations...copied a few. Much improved speed, and no problems or hangs. Thanks for listening.

And what is with the pop-ups for FF spy crap on this board? Cut it out. Poor taste.
derbim
derbim
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)