Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero cache probelm

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero cache probelm

Postby Sa[v]aGe on Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:20 pm

I just noticed that Nero refuses to move my cache from one partition to another. C: was selected, but there's only less then 700 MB on C: so I cahnged it to E (1,5 GB free), but Nero still displays the message "Not enough space on cache drive (C: ) " or somethig like it... I've tried to reinstall, and I even made clean install for 3 times but nothing happend. I use Nero 5.5.10.7b. Please help!

Thanks for the answers :D

Koki
Sa[v]aGe
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:54 pm

Are you changing the cache via "File"->"Preferences"->"Cache"? Try settng the cache that way, then pressing "Apply", "OK" and then exiting Nero without doing anything else. Then restart Nero and see if the change sticks.

If it doesn't, open up registry editor (regedit), navigate to the following two keys

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Cache
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Cache

and report what the "Path" value is set to in each key. The HKEY_CURRENT_USER value should contain the path you want to use for your cache, while the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE value should be empty.

You might also want to try upgrading to the latest version of Nero:

http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#download

By the way, what OS are you using, what exactly are you doing when you get the error message, and what exactly is the error message?

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby Sa[v]aGe on Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:54 pm

I checked the registry and it's OK. In HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Cache there is the path that I wanted to be. This is OK.
I'm using Win98 SE installed just 4 days ago.
I just noticed that this message apears only when I'm dragging files into the compilation widnow from a CD-ROM. If I drag the file (I'm checking with a movie file form a VideoCD) when it's copied on the hard disk then everything is OK.
The message that apears is:
"Sorry, but the cache drive does not have enough free disk space to cache the dragged and dropped files (Drive C:\, needed: 707 MB, Available: 665 MB). Please free some disk space or copy the files to another hard disk drive first and then drag them from that drive into the compilation."

After I clicked OK, I checked the "File"->"Preferences"->"Cache" and there were my settings for the drive E:\!
Sa[v]aGe
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:34 pm

When you drag and drop, perhaps Nero is using another one of the other several paths that Nero defines. Set all the following registry entries to your desired E:\ path as well:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\General\SaveTrackPath
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Image\Path

If that doesn't work, try updating Nero.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby Sa[v]aGe on Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:03 am

I changed it but it's all the same. The message still apears. I'm now downloading 5.5.10.15a. I will try with that, but I'm not very optimistic! I already tried two different verisons (10.0 and 10.7b).
Sa[v]aGe
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Thu Mar 20, 2003 4:28 pm

i think it's time to contact ahead's technical support.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Inertia on Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:26 am

Sa[v]aGe,

This is just a guess, but do you have "Cache files that have been dragged over from a CD-ROM drive" checked in the Preferences / Cache dialog?

If this box is not checked, the software may default to the the Windows / Temp directory for temporary storage while the files are being written. If this is the case, the error message may be caused by the normal cache not being selected and the inadequate C: drive being used by default.

Is this check box selected? If not, try checking it and see if that fixes the problem.
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)