Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 9 Essentials Will Not Load

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 9 Essentials Will Not Load

Postby sdculp on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:49 pm

I just had a new computer built which contains the LiteOn LabelTag feature in the CD/DVD. Nero 9 was originally installed (Nero-9.4.44.0b_update.exe), and it ran successfully with no problems. I then tried to install the Nero 9 Essentials disk which came with the computer installation, and which is supposed to contain the LabelTag feature. It would not load, responding with an error that stated “Installation Error—The installation process cannot be resumed. A rollback of the failed component will be performed. Some applications have been installed successfully and can be used. Do you want these applications to be uninstalled? YES/NO” I selected YES.

I then removed Nero 9 and tried the Essentials disk again. This time it loaded and ran successfully. However, according to the instructions which came with the disk, I am supposed to launch StartSmart and select Nero Express Essentials, but this feature is not on the list of applications which shows up in StartSmart. Also, when the update list is opened from StartSmart, Nero 9 Essentials is not there.

I would appreciate your help in getting the LabelTag feature installed with the latest version of Nero 9.

Thank you.
sdculp
Buffer Underrun

Re: Nero 9 Essentials Will Not Load

Postby Ian on Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:19 pm

Uninstall Nero 9 Essentials.

Run the CleanTool - http://www.nero.com/enu/tools-utilities.html

Reboot

Try reinstalling Nero 9 Essentials again
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby sdculp on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:40 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I uninstalled Nero, ran the clean tool, ran Ccleaner and then installed the Essentials. Essentials basically works, but the Nero Application List does not include Essentials. Furthermore, this Nero 9 Essentials disk only contains a watered down list of applications. It does not include Burning ROM, Wave Editor, Sound Trax, Recode and PhotoSnap Viewer. If you go to the "Check for Updates" list of installed programs, Express Essential is not there, either. If it was there, I would still have to update, and this process has been error prone in the past.

The LabelTag instructions are clear and specific as to how to load the disk. If everything worked the way it should we would be trading a full, updated version of Nero 9 for a rinky-dink OEM version just to get the LabelTag feature. Then we would have to go through the error-prone activity of updating all the applications.

This LabelTag venture between LiteOn and Nero seems to be ill conceived. All they had to do is come up with a simple patch to add LabelTag to the existing software. I really had no driving need for LabelTag, but since I was getting a new system with a new optical drive I thought I might as well try it. I'm going to try a LiteOn forum and see if there are any answers.

Anyone have any ideas?
sdculp
Buffer Underrun

Postby SithTracy on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:55 am

Doesn't the Lite-On smart pack allow burning label-tag discs? I don't have a label-tag drive but I seem to recall seeing something... On my lappy now watching the Blackhawks/Canucks game so I can't verify now...
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:31 am

Yeah, but you still need to create the design somehow.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby sdculp on Tue May 10, 2011 8:17 am

Solution--sort of. When you load the Essentials disk it only provides a watered down version of Nero, which does contain the LabelTag feature. But you cannot update this to get back to your previous full featured Nero. I had Nero 9. In order to make everything work, I had to upgrade to Nero 10. Nero 9 and 10 can both run on the same computer. So, to get the full features back you run 10 and if you want LabelTag you run 9.

If you have 10 to start with, I'm not sure what you do, because Essentials may override it and leave you with a minimal version of Nero.

I think Nero has made a big mistake, here. I think what they should have done was to provide a patch disk which would install the LabelTag feature on whatever version of Nero you have and leave the other features alone.
sdculp
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)