Home News Reviews Forums Shop

nero HELP! Multisession disc

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

nero HELP! Multisession disc

Postby Caps on Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:37 am

Well, I have been reading the internet inhopes of finding some assistance...not much luck so far.
I have Sonic MyDVD and Sony Vegas Movie Studio + DVD and neither would allow me to transfer small dvd's (home movies) onto 1 large dvd.
I have 2 drives.....a dvd-rom & dvd-+-RW. I should rephrase that & say neither would allow me to create a multisession disc.
I figured there was a problem with the inferior dell dvd burner so I requested a new one.
Of course installation was a problem and I lost everything & had to reinstall everything....it has been a rough few weeks to say the least.
The new Buslink DBW 1647 burner came with Nero software & is pretty simple to use.
However, when I do dvd copy disc it does not give me a check box to click to make it a multisession disc.
I even spent the $$ and called tech support for $1.29/minute. I was told Nero Express does have this option and was told to uninstall & reinstall.
I did that...4 times!! Still the option does not show up.
What am I missing?????????????Anybody know before I call them back?

All these softwares allow me to copy one of my small dvd's onto a large dvd but then it closes it up. Where is the option for these softwares? I feel like I am losing my mind. I even uninstalled the Sonic & Sony softwares so they would not interfer with Nero..........didn;t make a difference.......................

ANY THOUGHT?????????????

Thanks so much!
Caps
Buffer Underrun

Postby Justin42 on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:44 pm

You're going to need to re-author the DVD. You can't make a multisession disc that will work as a DVD-Video disc. Nero can make multisession *data* discs but that won't work for your needs.

I'm not sure what all is included in your versions of the software. Nero Express won't have the right programs. Nero Vision would be the proper program but it's only included with the full retail copy.

I'm surprised MyDVD can't do it, but maybe you're looking at the wrong option. You'll need to rip the actual DVD-Video (VOB) files off the DVDs you're looking to combine, then import them back into MyDVD and create a new DVD as a compilation of these smaller VOB files.

Look for "importing" functionality or the like.. not multisession. There is more than likely a way to do it with the software and burner that you have.

Good luck!
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby Caps on Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:30 pm

ok...so just copy the .vob files & not the others that are on my small dvd video discs???
I tried today copying all the files and that didn't work.
I am a total newbie to this & don;t have a clue as to what I am doing -
Thank you for the help!
Caps
Buffer Underrun

Postby Justin42 on Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:02 pm

Actually, it's not quite that easy.

Step ONE is to copy the VOB files you want to your hard drive.

THEN, using MyDVD or some other DVD *authoring* program, (NOT a burning program, like Nero) you need to import those VOB files and create a NEW disc-- new menus, etc. Basically, you need to build up a new DVD from scratch by telling the program to add the VOB files you copied in step 1 to a new disc, then create a menu and the like, THEN burn that DVD (usually from within MyDVD) and it should work.

Copy what you want to a temp folder on your hard drive, and start up MyDVD. Create a new DVD (I'm not familiar with the program so I don't know exactly what options to tell you) and then look for options to import/include videos.

Hopefully someone with a little more knowledge of MyDVD can come in and answer this...
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:09 pm

Hi Caps,

First, the 'DVD Copy' option will never allow you to create a 'Multi-Session' disc, no matter who's software you use. Any copy process will automatically close the disc upon completion of the write.

It sounds like what you want to do is take say 5 DVD-Videos disc, and combine them into one DVD-Video disc, is this correct?

If it is, then you can do this with the Nero Recode software. In the Nero Recode software that comes with Nero 6.6 and Nero 7, there is an option called "Compile a DVD". And with this feature, you can select various VOB source files and burn them to one DVD.

However, there is one bug that we are still working to resolve. And that is this feature will only accept one DVD-ROM drive as a source for VOB files. All other VOB files will have to be stored on a hard drive or Network drive.
We hope to have this resolved in the future so that you can select multiple DVD-ROM drives as the source for 'Compiling a DVD'.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)