Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero installation question

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero installation question

Postby Albinoni on Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:12 am

I have two burners, one being a BenQ 40x 12x 48x and the other being a Liteon 48x24x48 (LTR 48246S). I bought the BenQ first and two months later bought the Liteon. When purchasin the Liteon it came with Nero and this version of Nero was slightly more later than that of my BenQ burner, though probably really hardly any differences, just a small change here or there. I went back to my server (where my BenQ) is installed, uninstalled the Nero from that machine and then re-installed the Nero that came with my Liteon into the server to use with my BenQ. The installation went well, no problems what so ever, but just at a later stage I got a message on the screen telling me that the Nero or Nero Version that I had in my PC was not compatible with my BenQ burner. Does this mean that every burner that is sold and comes with Nero, only that specific or particular burner can be used with the Nero that comes with it.

Secondly if I re install my original Nero that came with my Benq and then go to the Nero website and download the latest Nero upgrade, can i then use this and install it back on my server where my BenQ is and upgrade that Nero that's in there.
Albinoni
CD-RW Player

Re: Nero installation question

Postby cfitz on Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:26 am

Albinoni wrote:Does this mean that every burner that is sold and comes with Nero, only that specific or particular burner can be used with the Nero that comes with it.

This has been discussed extensively:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7929

Albinoni wrote:Secondly if I re install my original Nero that came with my Benq and then go to the Nero website and download the latest Nero upgrade, can i then use this and install it back on my server where my BenQ is and upgrade that Nero that's in there.

You can upgrade either of your Nero installations using the downloads from the Nero website and they will work fine. What ties Nero to a particular brand of CD burner is the serial number, not the actual executable.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)