Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 6 Internal Error message

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 6 Internal Error message

Postby Xator on Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:12 pm

For some reason whenever I try to access the File Menu in the top left corner a "Internal Error" window pops up. After that I get the old...

nero.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This is with the new 6.0.0.9 version. I'm using a Plextor Premium with the latest BIOS if that explains anything. No problem burning. Just can't configure anything if I can't access the File Menu.
Xator
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:41 pm

Does anyone else see this issue?

I've tested on a number of systems and operating systems, and could not duplicate this issue.

Xator, did you try a clean uninstall with the Nero Clean Tool and then a fresh install and reboot?

Does this occur on more than one system? (If you have more than one system to test on. )

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Babscoole on Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:29 am

I'm having the exact same problem. I am wondering if it has anything to do with my motherboard, an Abit IC7-G (bios 1.5), since the first bios revision didn't play well with burning software and caused random reboots.

The error msg says
AppName: nero.exe AppVer: 6.0.0.9 ModName: nero.exe
ModVer: 6.0.0.9 Offset: 001af708

I tried a full uninstall and reinstall to no avail.

I'm using WinXP Pro SP1 and all updated since.
2x WD Raptor drives in RAID0 using the southbridge serial ata
2x WD 120Gb SE drives in RAID0 using silicon image SATA bridge chip
Lite-on 52x24x52 CD-RW IDE
motherboard built-in sound
GeForce3

I've also emailed the appcompat file generated by the error to you craig by way of the support email address.
Babscoole
Buffer Underrun

Postby kaikow on Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:53 am

I'm waiting for you folkes to send me my license code, I'm entitled to the free upgrade, so I' not sure which files to download.

There seem to be separate "demo" files and "update/upgrade" files.
Which should be downloaded?

Also, when will Ahead email the license codes?

CCampbell wrote:Does anyone else see this issue?

I've tested on a number of systems and operating systems, and could not duplicate this issue.

Xator, did you try a clean uninstall with the Nero Clean Tool and then a fresh install and reboot?

Does this occur on more than one system? (If you have more than one system to test on. )

Regards,

Craig
kaikow
CD-RW Player

Postby Xator on Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:32 am

I was able to correct the problem. I have TweakUI installed and in the Common Dialogs section of the program I had "Remember previously-used filenames" unchecked. After I checked it back the problem was solved. This wasn't a problem for me with Nero 5.5, but its not a big issue. Nero 6 is the only program I've ever come across that has this problem.

If you want to try to recreate the problem you can download TweakUI at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/ ... ertoys.asp
Xator
Buffer Underrun

Postby Babscoole on Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:08 am

Great catch Xator, that fixed the problem for me as well. :)
Babscoole
Buffer Underrun

Postby tazdevl on Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:17 am

kaikow wrote:I'm waiting for you folkes to send me my license code, I'm entitled to the free upgrade, so I' not sure which files to download.

There seem to be separate "demo" files and "update/upgrade" files.
Which should be downloaded?

Also, when will Ahead email the license codes?

Dude quit posting off topic, you've done this in a couple threads.

I've told you 5 times now what files you need to download.

Download 1, 2 & 3.
http://nero.com/us/nero-prog.php

If you want to use RW discs like a floppy, download InCD from the Update Section on the website, otherwise the downloads are the EXACT SAME.

Ahead doesn't have the keys ready but are working on it. When you get your key, it will turn either the update or the demo version into a full version. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD EITHER THE DOWNLOAD OR UPDATE VERSION, doesn't matter.
RIG:
P4 2.6C, Thermalright SP94/Panaflo 92MM M1A, IC7 Max3, Swifty MCX159, 1GB Geil PC4000 Ultra Plat, Radeon 8500, Audigy 2, 2X WD Raptor RAID 0, WD 250GB SE, Plex 708A, 166SDVD, LianLi PC75, XP Pro.
tazdevl
CD-RW Player

Re: Nero 6 Internal Error message

Postby CDRecorder on Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:38 pm

Xator wrote:For some reason whenever I try to access the File Menu in the top left corner a "Internal Error" window pops up. After that I get the old...

nero.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This is with the new 6.0.0.9 version. I'm using a Plextor Premium with the latest BIOS if that explains anything. No problem burning. Just can't configure anything if I can't access the File Menu.

I haven't seen this. If it helps, I am running WinXP Home SP1 on an ABIT KT7A 1.3. My CD-RW drives on this computer are a LTR-48125W and an AOpen 52x24x52.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby shearerkazaa on Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:50 pm

Xator wrote:I was able to correct the problem. I have TweakUI installed and in the Common Dialogs section of the program I had "Remember previously-used filenames" unchecked. After I checked it back the problem was solved.
Thanks for posting the solution! You're the saviour :)
I had same problem when I installed version 6.0.0.11 on a fresh copy of Win2K SP3.

I've already sent a notice to techsupport@nero.com . Hopefully they'll fix it as I (and many others) prefer to have that tweakui option unchecked.
shearerkazaa
Buffer Underrun

Postby Xator on Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:00 pm

No problem. Your right, it is a common tweak that people like to use. I hope they fix it up soon.
Xator
Buffer Underrun

:: newbie ::

Postby Rain on Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:06 pm

ok heres how it is.. never ever have i used any form of this kinda software.. iv been trying to pick it up cause i have basic knowledge of comps.. and i want to watch films :D i tryed just useing my action replay max to make the avi files into a ps2 compatible divx movie.. it worked.. was pretty.. but then youd ont get much options on the ps2 action replay max player.. theres no chapters.. THE FRIGGIN SOUND DOSENT GO WITH THE VIDEO CLIP!! :evil: so

IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW WHY IM WRITEING THIS START FROM BELOW THIS .

i download TMPGEnc and start converting my avi files to mpeg 1 format.. alls going well.. but then nero has to go fuck up.. i jus got that message.. internal error.. shuting down.. no explanation or anything.. i was useing express.. i had added both files to the line up.. and as i clicked finished to get back to the main window and out of the tiny exploror file selecting one it does that..

somone explain this shit to me.. should i jus download nero 5.5 or watever and use that or is there some crack i can use on the fucker [-o<
=)
Rain
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)