Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero "Lite" installers

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero "Lite" installers

Postby roadrunner on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:13 pm

Heard about 'em from the Inquirer (yeah yeah, I know). They're really quite nice. Nero w/o the bloat!

Has anyone seen one with NVE and Recode in it too? I really like using Recode for the DVD->MP4 conversion, and often use NVE for DivX->DVD. I however don't want to have to deal with Nero Scout or any of the other crap in the official installer...
CD-RW Player

Postby Justin42 on Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:11 pm

It's amazing, with all the crap thrown at Nero since the first release of 7, that they haven't gotten the hint and at least offered a truly flexible installer that really does let you take out the stuff you don't want. Scout is probably the biggest reason I've never installed Nero 7 (Despite the fact I bought it almost a year and a half ago, thankfully free after rebate. :) ).

I get really nervous installing unofficial versions of software, though...
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:27 pm

Yeah, I can't say I'm too confortable installing unofficial versions of software. At least when I download it from Nero, I know its not full of spyware and stuff.

And no, I'm still not using Nero 7. I still have Nero 6 installed on my computers at home.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Grand Poobah

Postby roadrunner on Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:23 pm

Poking around on the MSFN forums, they have instructions on making your own custom installer from the official one. Haven't got around to trying it, though.

I need to find a good (and free) install editor...InstallShield is the devil! :evil:

I f'ing hate that "update manager" it forces on you. But with WFP disabled, it's easy to get rid of 8)

Hmm...InstallShield is owned by Macrovision. Why does that disturb me so much :-?
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)